Mormons Have Better Knockers

by 7of9 11 Replies latest jw friends

• mommy
    mommy

Seven,
    ROFLOL, that is too funny!

Teejay,
    I had the same experience with them. For a few months I was actually studying with the Mormons, because I wanted to learn more about their faith. We would sit outside in the hot Florida sun, all of us sweating because they were not able to enter the home of a woman alone in the house. There were a few occasions that another older man in more authority would come and they were able to come in the house with him, guess he had more of god's spirit with him...lol
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    invited two cute little mormon missionaries in for a cool drink,it was hot, i felt sorry for them, they wouldnt come in, terrified Id try to molest the both of them.heard this is now doctrine, not allowed in with members of the opposite sex, even in pairs,

That's odd, I had some discussions this summer with a couple of cute female Mormon missionaries (I called them "Mormonettes," but not to their face), who seemed to have no compunctions at all about entering my house with only me there. We actually had the discussions on the back deck at the picnic table, but they walked thru the house to get there, and I could just as easily have directed them to the kitchen or living room, if I had had any furniture there (my JW ex took it all).

Unfortunately, they stopped coming after I kept asking for proof that Joseph Smith was a true prophet; I was supposed to just 'pray to believe it,' and I refused to pray to believe that something was true when evidence was lacking. I did offer to pray to know whether it was true, but that didn't seem to work for them.

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit