The end is so close...

by sspo 32 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

Received email from a friend- enjoy it- the end is always around the corner

A man is in the mountains, it's night time, he wanders off the road and falls off a cliff. He grabs on to a tree root and holds on for dear
    life. he hangs there all night during this raging storm and every time
    his grip weakens, he grabs on tighter, his life hangs in the balance.
    His muscles ache and finally near dawn he feels his grip loosening and
    he thinks he cannot hold on another minute. Then the sun rises and he
    looks down and realizes that all during that stormy ordeal
    - HE WAS ONLY TWO FEET OFF THE GROUND.Isn't it wonderful. The point being - we are right on the brink of
    Armageddon and just when we feel we cannot hold on another minute in
    this terrible world - we could be only one day away from salvation.
    We're only 'two feet off the ground.'

• 5go
    5go

Yep tweenty years later and it is still going to be tomorrow, not today

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    ...we could be only one day away from salvation.

Either that or we could be stuck in a high-control cult.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I am ready. I have done my best to understand why, but lets do it!!! Tonight! Never mind that David Letterman is new tonight and supporting a beard. I will have a shower, brush my teeth, and go to bed early tonight. Praise God. I feel it in my bones. The wicked will perish.

Should I set the alarm clock?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I bet that man wishes he'd taken a really good look below him right away so he could have let go, taken cover in some comfortable cabin, enjoyed a nice meal, and a snifter of brandy.

Yep, I'm glad to be letting go of the "US Branch" while those poor Jdubs cling to that pathetic branch in the storm all night only to find out when the sun rises that there is no armageddon and the world wasn't so terrible, just their distorted view of it.

• erynw
    erynw

I can pencil it in for next Tuesday.

How's that work for everyone?

• watson
    watson

I am so refreshed!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

they have an interesting dictionary, one that has "imminent" meaning "in your dreams" or "when hell freezes over" or "not in your lifetime."

• free2beme
    free2beme

... and yet this is a classic example of people reading such a thought and actually thinking this is in the bible. Here is the truth about illustrations, they are nice to use and yet often an easy way to manipulate the weak minded. As they make you think, "That makes sense" and ignore the facts in the matter that prove it is all a lie. That is why Hollywood is so successful at getting their message out, people like a good story over reality any day.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I can pencil it in for next Tuesday.

How's that work for everyone?

I don't know, I was planning on looking down on the less fortunate that day. Is there another time we can do this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit