Atheists - What is the meaning of life?

by Paralipomenon 40 Replies latest jw friends

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

The meaning of life is to understand the difference between good and evil. If there was no evil, how would you understand good? You need to know the difference on your way to the promised land-at least that's what I was told last month.

So I was wondering if there was no evil, how would we know good? Any ideas? Or is 5go right-get a life!!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Emptiness?

Fullness?

Ancient Scotch Whisky?

Love?

Piffle?

Yeah, that all works.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Wishful Thinking - Wilco

Fill up your mind with all it can know
    Don't forget that your body will let it all go
    What would we be without wishful thinking

Chambers of chains
    With red plastic mouths
    The inside of outside
    No one has found
    How to unring the bell
    It's just as well

The turntable sizzles
    Casting the spells
    The pressure devices
    Hell in a nutshell
    Is any song worth singing
    If it doesn't help

Don't forget that your body will let it all go
    'Cause what would love be without wishful thinking

Open your arms as far as they will go
    We take off your dress
    An embarrassing poem
    Was written when I was alone
    In love with you

I shook down those lines
    To shine up the streets
    I got up off my hands and knees
    To thank my lucky stars that you're not me

• parakeet
    parakeet

There is none, except for this exact moment, and the next, and the next. Stop searching for the meaning of life. Just live it with as much intensity and passion as you have in you. That's all.

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

I don't think it really has a meaning...I think you're born,you live,you die,and that's it..But then again,i believe that this is all just entertainment for Heaven's inhabitant's...Some people never get the punchline till they're on their "death bed"..the purpose of life..is simply to live life,have fun,and be entertaining...by the time a person dies,his "purpose"has been fulfilled and he's already been recast,as he replaced the person before him..but that's just my take_KS

• Terry
    Terry

What is the meaning of chalk?

What is the meaning of purple?

The meaning of life disappears when you look away--whoops! Ah, now it's back again.

A more meaningful question is: What is the value of......life? Your life, that is.

How you use a thing and the end toward which you put it lends it value.

On a continuum, life has a certain value at certain times which it does not have at others.

Sometimes our life has value to somebody else more than us. Sometimes only we see any value.

A fork has little value when you are eating soup. But, comes the salad--stand back world--the fork is a great thing, indeed!

Alexander the Great barely lived into his early 30's. We still celebrate his life.

What have you done that stays around after you are gone? Children? Artwork? A poem or book? Did you build something? Did you paint or knit or tend a garden?

Did you plant a tree? Did you put a baby bird back in its nest or feed a stray dog? Did you put your arm around a friend in a time of need? Have you reached deep into your pocket?

Life is a still pond. Touch lightly any part and rings touch every shore.

There is still time for you to answer the question. Write your name in the water.

The Universe will vibrate with your memory.

All you have to do is DO.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The Universe will vibrate with your memory.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

In my opinon and thru lessons learned the meaning and purpose of life is both simple and frightning.

the meaning and purpose of life is...sex. Just like all other mammels our chief purpose and ultimate desire is to procreate and ensure that our seed our genetic material will continue on long after we are gone.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

The meaning of life is in the smell of a really good cup of coffee

and in the taste of that perfect chocolate melting ever so slowly on your tongue

It's in the beauty of the morning sunrise and the evening sunset

You can see in a Monet or in a child's finger painting hanging on the fridge

It's in the toothless grin of an old person satisfied with a long life

and in the toothless grin of a baby just starting out

You can feel the meaning of life in your lover's naked flesh pressed against your own

or in the press of someone's needy hand reaching out for your own

The meaning of life is truly wherever you find it.

Cog

• onacruse
    onacruse

stilla:

to better oneself and humanity in general

Why?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit