German Branch Calls Foreign Congregations to Help German Congregations!

by GermanXJW 13 Replies latest jw friends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

There has been some rumour that the growth in most developed countries comes from imigrants. While this has been stated by COs and DOs it is now official in Germany. The Kingdom ministry for February 2008 states that in Germany there are 36,000 foreign publishers in 531 congregations und 272 groups. That is more than 20% in terms of publishers (163,065) and in terms of congregations (2224).

The km says that there is a need in many German congregations and calls Elders to "consider under prayer" if they can move to a German congregation. They mention foreign publishers that were raised in Germany and went to school here to consider moving to a German congregation.

The branch calls it a "changed need" to avoid to neglect the German territory. After years calling for helpers for the imigrants they now openly ask the imigrant for help because the German congregations are obviously dwindling down.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

I would love a scan of that KM.

-ootb

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If it carries on much longer they will be asking Spanish brothers to help out in English congos in the USA!!

• metaspy
    metaspy

if that happens... man would that be funny!!!

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

There are two quotes in the German Kingdom Ministries that mention how many foreign congregation there are in Germany, one from 2002, the other from 2008. I made some calculations here on the German board:
    http://forum.sektenausstieg.net/index.php?topic=13409.0

From the table (that is based on some assumptions on congregation sizes) you derive that the 7,110 foreign converts slightly outweigh the loss of 6,689 German publishers. Without the imigrants there was a decline of more than 5% in Germany (2001-2007)!

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Wunderbar, nice research. German JW's are getting tired of waiting for Jesus' thousand year reich haha.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Jesus' thousand year reich

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I would love a scan of that KM.

-ootb

km-X 2-08

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

This must just be to "repopulate" the german congregations. I doubt having this help in the ministry in the native territory since the Germans are very logical people and will not quickly dismiss all of the evidence against the JWs. Not to mention the fact that they aren't extremely welcoming and won't appreciate these foreigners knocking on their doors.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Thanku for the scan!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit