The only three reasons to miss a meeting?

by outofthebox 48 Replies latest jw friends

• abyss57
    abyss57

Garybuss: I hope EVERYONE got the points you made so clearly.....You understand the SALES program the WBTS subscribes to!!! We're all sales

people!......Remember from sales class # 101....salesmen are the easiest sale ... or the hardest! Some believe everything you say...the others need "convincing"...

(heavy on the "con"). The strategies all MEGA corporations use are the same...IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY! I saw it first hand!!! I had it explained to me, in

detail, by the ones who did the "mils of a cent" accounting....(anyone remember Harold Dies or Dean Songer?.... DUH?) One of my best friends recently remarked

after serving in Bethel and everywhere the GREAT was NEEDED...." They could have been great!...They coud have been the next MICROSOFT!! " I layghed my ass

off! He really got it ! DO YOU ???

• exwitless
    exwitless

Well, that's better than the TWO reasons we were given by a visiting speaker at our hall once:

He said, "The only 2 valid reasons you can have to miss a meeting are if you're in the hospital [not just sick, but hospitalized], or you're dead."

That struck a raw nerve with Little Drummer Boy. That was one of the many times he got up and went to the car and stayed there until the meeting was over.

• changeling
    changeling

When I was 9 I fractured my arm. My parents took me to the meeting that night anyway. I guess they did not know the 3 F rule.

changeling

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I am going to simplify it even more: There is only one acceptable reason to miss a meeting. If the total cost of going exceeds the total benefit, then you should miss the meeting. And the total cost means the time, money spent going, the headaches, the risk of getting scammed or coerced into doing something that is going to cost you without giving you any benefits, and having to listen to bullsxxx for the hour or two. Total benefit is the actual, not claimed, benefit and can be negative (in which case you have an even better case for missing the meetings).

The catch is that the total cost almost always exceeds the total benefit with those meetings. The living forever scam is not working out, and it would be a highly robotic existence even if it did come. The associations are crap (I have some pictures from a Great Boasting Session, and the two that are still in our congregation are enough to make me want to puke). They keep taking any reason that would have made meetings worthwhile to attend out of the picture, until there is nothing but left. And, at that point, the benefit dropped to zero. Hence, the cost exceeded the benefit and has done so ever since. Thus, missed meetings.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

When I was 9 I fractured my arm. My parents took me to the meeting that night anyway. I guess they did not know the 3 F rule.

changeling

Do you recommend a cleaning service for getting the sprayed milk off of my keyboard?

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Dont blame your parents Changeling. The 3Fs may be "new light". Perhaps they only had 2Fs back then. The new light is a truly awesome way to see gods spirit in action. We are a blessed people.

I find it really interresting how these little rules spread so widely. Although not part of the official doctrine, they seem to get spread very well. Is this by design from the top? Or do you think the elders are just eating this stuff up when they hear it and then can't wait to repeat it whenever it's their turn to give a talk?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I just missed 2 meetings in a row, and it was not for any of those 3 reasons..............

come and get me!!! and my wife is getting softer

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

1) Had to study for college final exams

2) Had to watch final episode of "Dancing with the Stars" (i.e. unscriptural dancing between non-married persons).

3) Had to meet with my broker to plan my financial future & retirement as "this generation" isn't ending any time soon.

Skeeter

• lrkr
    lrkr

Great public talk trick- say something outrageous, ridiculous, judgemental or unkind- and then attribute it to a CO, DO or even better- a GB member. Used often by more dim witted speakers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit