Something that bugged me the other day.

by tnangel73 32 Replies latest jw friends

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

I live in a very small town. I hadn't been to the local Mexican restaurant in quite awhile until the other day. My Mom, my son and me were

going to eat there. As I was walking in a waitress, was picking up her "tip" off of the table. It was a WT tract and an invitation to a meeting. I

made a big point of letting my mother know how cheap and crappy this was. My mother said that society discourages "the friends" from doing

that. I said that if I had saw whoever it was that left it, I would have told them what a cheap person they were. I know that whoever it was would

have shunned me if I even looked at them. I left a bigger tip than I normally would have because I felt bad for that waitress. What do you think?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Absolutely totally disgusting - totally tight wads - it pisses me off big time

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

I waited tables for a brief time years ago. I was once left a tract, wasn't a JW one. This didn't make me want to give my heart Jesus. It just

made me think, "Sheesh, cheap B*st*rd." And then I went on about my job. I was making $2.75 an hour. Waiters and waitresses depend on

tips. I guess, though, when you wash windows, or clean offices for a living you need every single bit of money you can get. That was mean of

me. Oh, well.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings tnangel73

Despite what mom said, it's protocol for many watchtower drones to leave a tract instead of well deserved money. After all it is all many of them have. Toilet cleaning just doesn't pay all that well.

Dismembered

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well at least the waitress will know how to respond the next time a JW knocks on her door

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

Sad to say the witlings aren't the only religious organization that does this. I know of one church in my area that prints tracts to specifically hand out to waiter/esses. Having seen them before, I now spot them in restaurants all the time in lieu of a decent tip.

Here's a thought: If someone really wanted a waitperson to read the the frikkin things, they should leave a HUGE tip along with the tract. To do otherwise is just mean and petty.

Eagle

• jgnat
    jgnat

How many times are Witnesses told that spiritual matters are far superior to the material? It's no wonder. Not that it's a BIBLICAL concept, but hey, it keeps them out knocking on doors.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Disgraceful. Can't even use it for poopie paper. Miserly cheap.

• changeling
    changeling

I hope for the server's sake that the patron payed with a credit card and included a real tip on that.

changeling

• flipper
    flipper

TNANGEL 73- I agree with you- witnesses are really tightfisted in leaving tips for waitresses. I have be had a self-employed commercial janitorial service for 25 years and I regularly tip a whopping 25 % of the bill to my waitresses , so please don't lump all cleaning people or janitors into the same category- no offense taken. But, I agree waitresses have very challenging jobs and should be treated with a lot more respect than they get- tipwise and in attitudes from patrons at their tables ! Good thread, Peace out sis, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit