Armageddon didn't come!

by 5thGeneration 19 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

where is obves? he needs to give us an updated big A dissertation.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

the rest of my jw mind always tells me "armageddon is neeeeaaaar", whenever someones says "its out of date, it wont come".

That would be the part of your mind that looks up to your reptilian brain as "the smart one," right?

But here in Australia we have our survival kits all ready.As instructed by the society.

How many Ozzie sheeple will experience food poisoning when they open that stuff six years after it's "use by" date? The society will say that the food poisoning is punishment by jehovah for not letting the stuff sit on the shelf until they were TOLD to eat it. A parallel will be contructed about touching the ark of the covenant.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Funny, I thought about the same thing this morning, Armageddon that is. That always brought doubts up in my mind when I was a JW. I would always think, "well I bet it won't come this year either. Things seem so normal even if there are problems in the world." Now I know that Armageddon is a fantasy. Wow...freedom.

Isaac

• anewme
    anewme

I would love to go back through time and count how many times individuals and religions have cried "the end of the world is nigh"

Every generation of man has probably had its unhappy element who wants the end to come and be personally pronounced righteous by the deity.

It would be interesting to see a CBS documentary or National Geographic Special on Doomsday Through the Centuries and see chronicled the prophecies of doom and gloom from the 1800s and 1500s, the year 1000ad,
    300BC, 1000BC, 3000BC, and go all the way back to a guy called Enoch and see him standing on some rock high above the little town pronouncing the end of the world.

Yes, that would be very eye opening for many.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hey it wasn't you who set up this website was it?

http://www.2007rapture.com/

edit to add - they say they're taking the site down in a few days so read it quick if you wanna laugh!

• xjwms
    xjwms

Thats because its coming in October

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Armageddon did come at 0001 this morning, but it came invisibly.

• LadyCCC
    LadyCCC

1914 Marked "The Beginning Of The Last Days", so from what I have been taught as a child, we still are living in the last days, its just that we dont know when it will happen(armageddon)

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Sad Emo: That Rapture link is hillarious! Interestingly enough the WT is way too smart and deceptive to ever come right out and admit mistakes so candidly. It was funny to listen to this person go on and on, trying to explain why what they predicited didn't come about. Imagain if the WT ever was that forthright and honest? It would also be funny, but it at the same time refreshing. Too bad it's too late for them to redeem themselves. The damage has been done, and the jig is up!

5th Generation: Are you sure you should be dissapointed that Armageddon didn't come? Have you been following all the WT instructions lately to ensure your safe passage?

Peace to all! And Happy NEW YEAR to everyone!

I hope this is a record breaking year for JW Awakenings! There seems to be no doubt that it will be. The composite sign is being fulfilled, and the generation is getting very very old.... hey wait a minute.... Am I mixing up prophecies?

The Oracle

• aniron
    aniron
    Every year I think the big A will strike at 12:01 on the new year

Don't the WT go by the Jewish New Year round about September/October

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit