Is an Organization required?

by Robert7 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Robert7
    Robert7

So I had a shepherding call recently, and I laid out my concerns to the elders. I said how can put full faith and trust into Jehovah's organization, one which is directed by Holy Spirit, even though its past is littered with issues and errors (new light)? I mentioned the redefining of Generation, 1975 issue, and the UN involvement. The comments I got are:

- The Bible says that there always has been an organization providing spiritual food to the people.

- Jesus said the "Faithful and discreet slave, providing proper food at the proper time" comment.

- Today there is no other organization providing the Bible Truths like the FDS is.

- The FDS and the Watchtower is made up of imperfect men, and although directed by Holy Spirit, it is not inspired by it, and can have errors or inaccuracies.

- Basically ignore the little issues because and focus on the big truths .

- "Where else can I turn?"

I really would love for this to be true, but my gut tells me otherwise. I still cannot understand how "Truths" can later be proven false, like the redefining of Generation.

So upon the issue "There has always been an organization" and that the WTS is the organization, what evidence is there to prove that an organization is not required?

• 5go
    5go

No in fact it is required that you not be a part of one.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

We are saved as individual Christians, however, Scripture does say this:

if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth. 1 Tim 3:15

and

I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will bebound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will beloosed in heaven. Matthew 16:19

There are many Scriptures that indicate that Christ left a body, the "church" with authority on earth.

The problem is that the JWs are not that body.

Burn

• 5go
    5go
    There are many Scriptures that indicate that Christ left a body, the "church" with authority on earth.

There lies the problem which church? Most don't like each other and none agree on what is the correct way to worship, or obey or who is there ruler is or what he is like or if he is three in one.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Most don't like each other

I think you are uninformed.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    or who is there ruler is or what he is like or if he is three in one.

The first Christians had few doubts about how to determine which was the true Church and which doctrines the true teachings of Christ. The test was simple: Just trace the apostolic succession of the claimants.

• xjwms
    xjwms

The "O" word

I have grown to really Hate that word.

• 5go
    5go
    I think you are uninformed.

I guess that tiff in the middle ages might a been bit over done but then again the Protestants have not gotten oven what the Catholics did to them, nor really has the Orthodox. Though the Orthodox did adopt the trinity over time they still don't care for each other. You know the sacking of Constantinople during a crusade kind of was a low blow to their relationship.

• 5go
    5go
    The first Christians had few doubts about how to determine which was the true Church and which doctrines the true teachings of Christ. The test was simple: Just trace the apostolic succession of the claimants.

You do know the history of the claimants right. The is a reason why there were several equal churches in the beginning which wasn't ironed out. In fact it still isn't. The Orthodox, and Roman Catholic churches are still arguing over succession even today.

That also leads to another problem. That is the anglican church has no line of succession; it was started as a result of the marital, and secular successionary problems of King Henry the 8th of England, not really a righteous reason to start a church if I might add.

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

No an 'organisation' is not required, but the scriptures are clear that a 'congregation' is. A congregation can be a very small number, as little as 2 or 3, and Christ can be there. Either way, there is nothing in the NT to say we can just 'go it alone' I'm afraid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit