Circuit Convention Illustrations

by tooktheredpill 17 Replies latest jw friends

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Hello all!

Recently I went to the Circuit Convention. An illustration was mentioned that really made me mad. They were talking again about "Superior Education(tm)".

They said that "you can see a 5 stories high building. There is a wooden ladder in the side of the building, and lots of big and sharp stones in the floor. The ladder is in bad shape and rotten... Would you let your child climb??"

They compared the College with the rotten ladder!!!! Can you believe it??!

"Everybody should start pioneering right after High School"...

As always, studying was a "conscience matter", but don't do it!!

How do you feel when you hear this nonsense???

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I heard a lot of similar illustrations. But, that was pretty bad. Not too much creativity in that illustration. They are getting desperate to keep the young ones away from college.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Imagine a rickety, rotten ladder. Every year out of high school without going to college is like another step up that ladder. Do you really want your children to climb that ladder? Of course not! So send them to college!

I was over a year out of the bOrg before I realized that being able to "illustrate" something didn't make it true! I know that sounds incredibly dumb, but then, I am incredibly dumb, so...

Dave

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

I heard a lot of similar illustrations. But, that was pretty bad.

NY: That's right. it was bad. But I found one that is worst! Check it out, and tell me what do you think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R4f9ygxDbk

• ferret
    ferret

What stupid illustrations. this video made my blood boil. I was discouraged from gaining a better education back in the fifties, and have regretted it ever since. Learn Learn Learn there is no end to it.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Lordie! That video made have flashbacks!

WHAT GALL! Imagine ... meditating on dropping out of college if you're already attending? Hopefully the college students had something better to do with their time than attending that time waster Assembly! Sheesh!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

So...they won't "tell me what to do" about higher education, but they do praise those that don't go to college and consider going to college the same as shooting yourself in the head with a rifle.

Say...going to college just might take out that compulsive part of the brain that keeps folks in the WTS...

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

It makes me more and more convinced that we need to keep talking until groups like the jw are outlawed. Freedom of religion is one thing, but is it freedom when a group can encourage you to make decisions that negatively affect the person's life from that point forward? I'm living proof that Jehovah's Witnesses are destructive. A friend just talked me down from suicide. I feel a lot better right now, but I still need some pretty serious help. Throughout the entire conversation, every problem we addressed had its roots in decisions I made based on my time with the cult.

• juni
    juni

Bunch of stupid, pathetic people w/their "worst case scenario" illustrations. Again, this behavior is a control tactic.

"Your safe w/us. Not safe out there in the world."

• xjwms
    xjwms

So its O KAY

but not ok?

huh.!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit