Own up time...

by Chalam 97 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Strong Agnostic , learning atheist perhaps- still iffy

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi changeling,
    No, never have been a witness or never will be. I have a friend who is so I quite understand why many of the ex witnesses are totally tired of "religion", being preached to, controlled and trained to hate "apostates" etc.

As I tell my friend, "religion" is mentioned only six times in the whole Bible and if you look, religion is about following rules and regulations. However, the New Testament says that trying to following rules is totally futile, we aren't to even attempt and that believers need to follow the Spirit. JWs don't believe in the Spirit or have Him living within them so are unable to live by Him.

So to PEC and yourself on the issue burning in Hell, that if it does happen that it will be an everlasting act or worship in itself?

Regards,
    Stephen

• free2think
    free2think

agnostic/atheist undecided

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

AGNOSTIC PASTAFARIAN

I'm not sure if the FSM is real.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Zen Christian

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Born again Christian, saved by the grace of God, but not perfect, and dont claim to be.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

CHRISTIAN / DIPPING TOE IN THE WICCAN POOL

momz

• Lou_Cypher
    Lou_Cypher

I only know I dont know Sh*&^&$

• eclipse
    eclipse

Born once, with a strong aversion to fundamentalism of any belief system - mormon, militant muslim, jehovahs witness, cults, bac, etc

Born free and will never be enslaved to men's beliefs about god ever again - humanist and agnostic.

Did I disobey the rules again and not write only one line?oops, my bad.

As an EX-JW, one has to be a rule breaker to get out of that religion.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

And you also had to be a rule breaker to fall for that religion as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit