A few gems from a recent Sunday talk

by TooBad TooSad 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

"The Watchtower and Awake are letters from Jehovah."

More testimony on the buffoons that adorn the platform at times.

Len Miller

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    If an anointed person not of the GB tried to write and artical they would be consider out of line and possibly disfellowshipped

The GB dont write all of the articles.

• poppers
    poppers

Many have said the Bible is God's letter to man, so it sounds like a ripoff of that idea, and putting it on a par with the Bible.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

I know that, but the GB approves only certain people to writing the articals and of course you know that!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

There are many of the "Great Crowd" who are used to write articles. The Writing Dept approves all articles. It is a well known fact that most annointed do not in fact write the articles that appear in the magazines...

I am so sorry you had to sit through that drivel. I am ashamed of a lot of the shit I used to say as an elder, but I do remember a couple of times thinking about saying that "the WT and AW is like Jehovah talking .... etc" and stopped myself. And when others said it, I would recall things like 1975, the generation change in 1995, and just say to myself... "No, its just humans Jehovah is using." Amazing what cognitive dissonance can do to you.

• steve2
    steve2

Isn't it good that you can chose to stay away from the meetings? Imagine: it's in your hands to not purposely expose yourself to this predictable drivel! On the other hand, if you feel you have no choice but to go to meetings, you need to tell yourself that the elder is unlikely to utter a different message from the one that's been spouted for decades.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is nothing I haven't heard a billion times while I was active. The littera-trash from the filthful and disgraceful slavebugger class was God's channel, and anything not from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is poison. Basically, it matters not whether you are Christian, agnostic, atheist, or Devil worshiper. The whole point is that (1) the Watchtower Society claims to follow the Bible exactly, (2) The Bible teaches Christ to be a certain way, which is in fact in the Bible, and (3) They do not follow what they teach the Christ to be like.

For instance, how many times do you hear that, after Jesus died, he was resurrected so he could present the value of the ransom sacrifice to God and we could benefit? And, do the witlesses celebrate Easter? Of course not! They are, in effect, denying the benefit of Christ's resurrection and hence the value of the ransom sacrifice. It matters not whether or not you actually believe in the doctrine: The Watchtower Society is not following its own doctrines!

• blondie
    blondie

I thought the bible was letters from God....................seems the WTS publications have achieved the same inspired status as the Bible. Sounds like the Mormons with the Book of Mormon and the Pearl of Great Price. Pretty soon the Bible will take secondary place as it has in the LDS organization, or has it already?

• Mary
    Mary
    An elder recently made these comments at the meeting: "The Watchtower and Awake are letters from Jehovah." So I assume that if the Faithful and Discreet Slave do the publishing of the mags and if the mags are letters from Jehovah, then the FD Slave must be Jehovah. I really believe that if they say something the Witnesses think that it is from God's mouth.

Hmmm...that's hilarious. Because in a recent telephone conversation I had with someone from the Writing Dept., he admitted that the WT articles are 'in part', their own personal opinion, and not that of Jehovah's. It was in response to the article they had on oral sex and I suggested that they were 'going beyond what is written'. I was stunned when he admitted that it was their personal opinion..... Here's the link: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/148474/2695973/post.ashx#2695973

This comment was also made from the platform "if you read any religious information that is not from the Faithful and Discreet Slave, it is like poison and it can put your faith in jeopardy." If the Witnesses have the truth, what is there to fear from reading something not from the WTBTS?

This is exactly what got me to read so-called 'apostate' literature in the first place. Even when I believed this was 'the Truth', it bugged me that they seemed so frigging paranoid about us reading anything not published by them. I thought the same thing: If we have the Truth, then it will be able to stand up to any scrutiny".

With the internet so readily available now, they can no longer control what people read, plus their entire history is laid out in black and white and available to anyone at the touch of a button. Those in charge know full well that their history is less than stellar and they know that with a bit of poking and prodding, their house of cards tumbles down flat.

They've got two choices: they can either continue to close rank and become even more weird and isolated, or they can do what the WWCG did: apologize publically and become more mainstream. For the time being, it appears that they're going for Door #1. I wonder if one of these days, they're going to start telling the R&F to move into communes and wait for the Great Tribulation to start.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit