A few gems from a recent Sunday talk

by TooBad TooSad 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

As I sit at the meeting on Sunday mornings, it never ceases to amaze me as I look around at the people

and wonder are these people brain dead? An elder recently made these comments at the meeting:

"The Watchtower and Awake are letters from Jehovah." Over the years I have known several people who

have submitted articles for the Watchtower and Awake. One of them at the time, was a secret apostate at Bethel,

and yet his article was published. So I assume that if the Faithful and Discreet Slave do the publishing of the

mags and if the mags are letters from Jehovah, then the FD Slave must be Jehovah. I really believe that if they

say something the Witnesses think that it is from God's mouth.

This comment was also made from the platform "if you read any religious information that is not from

the Faithful and Discreet Slave, it is like poison and it can put your faith in jeopardy." If the Witnesses

have the truth, what is there to fear from reading something not from the WTBTS? There is only one answer,

which is the fear of being exposed and it might get a witness to start thinking for himself rather than having

someone make every decision in life from what clothes you can wear to what music you can listen to and

what movies you can watch and what you can do in the privacy of your own bedroom with your spouse.

Talk about being controlled. One last little gem from a the meeting "the end is so near, we are

almost home, so don't give up." I was told very same thing back in the 1960's. The end was so close

that I would not even get to graduate from high shool. Now I have grandchildren in high school. But like

my staunch JW mom tells me when I mention this to her "well just think how much closer we are now

to the end then we were then." I give up.

TooBad TooSad

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Truly edifying. What a fortunate people we are.

• flipper
    flipper

TOO BAD, TOO SAD- These people , the witnesses, as you know are under " cult mind control". They are like zombies or robots programmed to look to every word of the society, or the alledged " faithful and discreet slave ", as they call it as the voice of Jehovah God himself. It really is dangerous- because they have given their minds over to the Watchtower society for absolute control by the society. If the governing body says jump- most witnesses will say YES! how far do you want us to jump- just say when ! That my friend is the real danger here . Gawd , we all have to attempt to get some family members out of this- all I can say ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• R.F.
    R.F.
    An elder recently made these comments at the meeting:

"The Watchtower and Awake are letters from Jehovah." Over the years I have known several people who

have submitted articles for the Watchtower and Awake. One of them at the time, was a secret apostate at Bethel,

and yet his article was published.

If that's the case, then either Jehovah is confused in the letters he's sending since some of the information turns out to be wrong. Why the need for "new light" if these are "letters from Jehovah"?

In my opinion, I think it's quite disturbing to think this way about the information the Governing Body sends out to the R&F, and unfortunately, many of them do view the information in this way. How reliable is your god if his "letters" are subject to change?

R.F.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    An elder recently made these comments at the meeting:

"The Watchtower and Awake are letters from Jehovah."

Really? One would think Jehovah had a better style of writing.

• moshe
    moshe

It amazes me that when I was a JW elder I never questioned that Jehovah was going to resurrect all the dead and give them recreated bodies with all their memories of their past life intact. I knew for a fact that when I was an elder I learned that Jehovah had not a clue what was going on in the Congregation and who was committing secret sins. I never added it up- if Jehovah couldn't see what was happening in the lives of the brothers, then how in the world he be able to restore a memory to a dead person. -oo bad we don't hear a gem like that in a public talk. Quite often when an elder makes a comment on the fly, it turns out to be a stupid one!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWTQVUFb5O0&NR=1

The alternatives may worry them and their organisation.

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

If they ever serve Kool Aid from the platform, I am running out the door.

It is almost like the platform in the front of the KH is the alter of God.

What ever is said there is taken as gospel.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Man, I'm glad I escaped that crap. "Letters from Jehovah?" So are they infallible then? These people talk in circles and they seem to enjoy it.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

There is no faithful and discreet slave! The body of Chirst and the feeding of others is a myth. This is a corporation that is run by GB anyone writing is in complete conformity to the corporation. If an anointed person not of the GB tried to write and artical they would be consider out of line and possibly disfellowshipped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit