I hate football, but...

by Tara 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Tara
    Tara

...Yay, Pats! 16-0

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Tara, Tara, Tara - hate is such a strong word.

GO PATS!

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Wow! 16 goals!? Who was the goalkeeper?

• ninja
    ninja

egg chasers

• faundy
    faundy

Amen, Ninja. Amen.

• Tara
    Tara

Unconfused, I STRONGLY hate football.

Hahahaha to all you guys across the pond. Too funny!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Egg chasers? LOL. Some people get very rich running, throwing and catching oblong-shaped balls.

At least there are a few scores per game. That helps prevent boredom leading to riots seen at non-American football games where the score always seems to be 0-0 or 1-0.

• delilah
    delilah
    Unconfused, I STRONGLY hate football.

Well, I realize that a great percentage of women do not like football, but I LOVE it, I LIVE for it, and when the season ends, I go into convulsions.....almost. That's why I like the NFL channel.

I live in a very, PRO-football family. No, I don't mean there is a pro-football player in my family, although my eldest son aspires to be one, one day... (he's almost 16 and plays football for high school and for the city) (he plays defensive tackle)

I learned to like the sport way back when I was about 4 years old, watching the Packers with my Grampy...and then in high school I dated a guy on the team, so I got to really liking it, once I learned how it was played.

It's a shame that more women don't like it....it makes for some good hubby-relationships....except when my team plays my hubby's team.....then it gets interesting!!

• Tara
    Tara

Delilah, I LOVE baseball, so I would love to love football, too.You are right. I don't like it because I don't understand it. Grew up with 4 brothers. Ask a question and you get treated like a stupid girl who knows nothing. My bf is starting to explain it to me. I LOVE that he gets it. He says the same things the announcers say before the announcers say it, so he really gets it. I am proud of him for that.

• delilah
    delilah
    Grew up with 4 brothers. Ask a question and you get treated like a stupid girl who knows nothing.

lol, Yeah, I have 2 brothers, so I know the feeling. However, I was able to keep up with their bantering....I hope you continue to learn the great game of football....once you understand it, you'll love it.

Now baseball, on the other hand, I find it kinda boring, especially to watch on tv, so I have never really kept up with it. My daughter's fiance plays baseball, and eats, breathes and sleeps it, so I guess I'll have to give in a bit, and watch some games....lol.

My little grandson will play both sports....lucky little fella.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit