Viral meningitis

by BrentR 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• BrentR
    BrentR

Has anyone ever had it? How long did it take to get over it? I woke up last Sat with severe forehead pain and later on very bad nausea. I went to the docs on Mon and was diagnosed with a migraine and the lab results came back on Wed with an elevated WBC. So I had to go back in and get a boat load of meds and more blood draws. It pretty much destroyed Christmas and it looks like new years is going to suck also. This is the worst head/face pain I have ever had but the Toradol, Decadron, Phenergren and Oxycodone is mostly controlling it.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Bad stuff. Where do they think you picked it up? Is the CDC involved, with trying to figure out, where you picked it up, and where you have been? Get better fast!

• BrentR
    BrentR

Two weeks ago I had some major stress and was not sleeping very well. Lack of sleep and stress is all it takes to wipe out our immune system. The doc said the virus is most likely one that is in our system all the time but is kept in check (most of the time).

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Brent,

I guess the doctors told you that there are two types of meningitis, viral and bacterial. If you get bacterial, you're in real trouble - seldom will you avoid having some form of permanent damage, perhaps hearing loss etc etc.

I take it you had the required path tests done to determine if there were any nasty bacteria lying around your body? Since you're posting away, I'd say it was viral for if it were bacterial you'd likely not just have the greatest head pain imaginable but you'd also have partial paralysis.

Still you'd be best to rest up - don't overtax your body's resources.

As for pain relief, some morphine or derivative is best but even then you'll only get about ½ hr's relief every 4 hours.

Sorry, it ain't good news I bring!

Hopefully it will pass soon.

Get Well Soon thoughts coming to you from downunder.

Cheers,

Ozzie

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

Dang Brent, when you do it you do it up bigtime! That's an interesting course of treatment: Ibuprofen, a steroid, an anti-barf pill and hillbilly heroin. Are you doing any supplements to well, supplement the Dr's treatment?

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

My little cousin caught it about 5 or 6yrs back,how? I dunno...the only thing i know,is that it damn near killed her before they caught it.

• BrentR
    BrentR
    ............an anti-barf pill........

Actually it's torpedo shaped and comes in foil packs. I'll leave it at that. Toradol is not Ibuprofen, the chemical name is Ketorolac (10 mg). 10 mg of Ibu would not do squat for any pain or fever. Toradol is an extremely strong NSAID that can only be taken for five days before it destroys your stomach.

I am also taking several immune boosting suplements which is probably why it did not get any worse. It's supposd to be gone within 7-10 days and today day 7. My wife is a paramedic so she hauled my carcass in right away and got the ball rolling.

I was just wondering if anyone else had it and had any tips or experience to pass on.

• XOCO
    XOCO

this happen a couple of months back

XOCO

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Brent:

I was just wondering if anyone else had it and had any tips or experience to pass on.

See: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/149780/2723794/post.ashx#2723794

• orbison11
    orbison11

omgosh,,yu are so very lucky,,my client had bacterial menengitis a year ago

she is , well gone for life,,big time,,in coma,,hospital,,,for months,,,now on heavy med, lost hair,k etc strokes

so you are lucky

orb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit