Cloverfield

by 5go 31 Replies latest social entertainment

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Ok kids, I saw it tonight. I didn't watch Blair Witch because its premise looked rather lame. This one was a lot of fun. One guy is running the camera throughout the movie. I liked the movie a great deal. Yes, you DO get to see the monster. Oh yes. Definitely yes. ...and in a way you do not usually see monsters in movies. It was great! We all know that in horror movies you often yell at the screen on tv, "Don't go in that room!" or whatever. There's a bit of that in here too, on a different level. I thought it was inventive without being to gimmicky. I will see it again I believe. It was a good monster for sure. Beats Godzilla all to hell. No, no whale. I recommend it. You might want to take some Dramamine first, that camera is really moving at times. Yep, 4 1/2 out of 5 stars from me. W.Once

• watson
    watson

Saw it. Inovative, heart thumping. You don't rest for 1 1/2 hours.

• 5go
    5go

From what I read it's one you have to see in theaters too and it works best if you don't know anything about it. By the way if you get sea sick most reviewers had problems with getting sick from the shaking so be careful.

• pratt1
    pratt1

I saw it and I really enjoyed it.

It did bring back memories of my experience on 9/11, but for me part of the healing process is to deal with the issue head on and I guess I am at a point where I can see this kind of movie, without feeling helpless.

I recommend it.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I saw it and loved it!! The only problem was that I had terrible motion sickness the entire movie.

• 5go
    5go
    I saw it and loved it!! The only problem was that I had terrible motion sickness the entire movie.

Ditto! I am not prone to motion sickness either. This movie isn't going to knock Godzilla (The Japanese One) down on my favorite list but I would love to see Godzilla done like this.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

I saw it today and really enjoyed it. The camera moving back and forth got me a little dizzy, but all in all , a very good movie.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

The only part I didn't like was the fact that I was looking for the UFO in the final cut scene (a view of the ocean on a Coney Island ferris wheel) and couldn't see it.

• 5go
    5go
    The only part I didn't like was the fact that I was looking for the UFO in the final cut scene (a view of the ocean on a Coney Island ferris wheel) and couldn't see it.

I think people are reading to much into that.

• lola28
    lola28

I wish I had know about the seasick thing, I almost threw up in the bushes outside the theater but I managed to hold it in, other than that it was ok, has anyone here read The gunslinger series the second book the Drawing of the three? Did that monster remind you of anything?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit