by 5go 31 Replies latest social entertainment

• 5go
    5go

1-18-08

• 5go
    5go

• 5go
    5go

I get the feeling it's going to be based on Lovecraft's monster cthulu.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

After seeing the trailer and commercial, I still cannot tell what it is about. That translates into me waiting for the HBO Saturday night debut unless more hints are released pronto.

• 5go
    5go

I am going to try to see it the I am a Legend comes first. Time to sell more stuff on eBay.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Looks good. However, most movies released in Jan-March are disappointing. If the studio really felt it was good enough to make money on, they would release it in the busier more successful movie going season. Jan-March have normally one, or two good releases. The rest are movies that will be advertised until released to get big opening weekends and then nothing after word of mouth kills it. I worked in the theatre business as a manager for 5 years, seen this trend over and over yearly.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Looks good. However, most movies released in Jan-March are disappointing. If the studio really felt it was good enough to make money on, they would release it in the busier more successful movie going season. Jan-March have normally one, or two good releases. The rest are movies that will be advertised until released to get big opening weekends and then nothing after word of mouth kills it. I worked in the theatre business as a manager for 5 years, seen this trend over and over yearly.

• 5go
    5go
    Looks good. However, most movies released in Jan-March are disappointing.

That, and hiding what your monster looks like isn't a good sign either. The only movie to pull it off successfully was the original Godzilla.

• VM44
    VM44

The Cloverfield monster is just a huge mutated whale with legs that has larger than man sized parasites (louse?) all over its body that keep falling off.

For some reason this Mutated-Whale decides to visit the Statue of Liberty, knock her head off, and then take a stroll down Manhattan.

I am not impressed.

• VM44
    VM44

What I don't like is the virial ads for the movie. I find them to be a pathetic attempt to generate interest in a movie that probably won't measure up to all the pre-release (non)publicity that it has been granted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit