What Is The Jehovah's Witness Religion To You?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

To me, the Witness religion is either a hardcore group of Watchtower dogma believing "Kool-Aid" drinkers or a group of non-believing, mentally and spiritually lazy zombies who value their friendships and family over principle.

There are those in the middle who I believe are too fragile to even want to think about reality.

• journey-on
    journey-on

People have to believe in SOMETHING. It's inherent in a person to want to belong to a group...to feel a part of something important.

The JW religion has come up with a different twist on Scripture that appeals to a particular mind and personality. The management of the religion

has discovered what buttons to push that will motivate this type of person and they have become very savvy indeed in using doctrine

and fear to create a religion that appeals to the person that thrives on a feeling of being different and special.....God's people, if you will.

This religion, to me, is sinister. I believe it is motivated by greed and controlled by power-hungry men. I think the GB are figureheads, only,

and may themselves not even know who the real forces are behind the "religion/business". I believe the rank and file are people who are easily

manipulated and controlled. Some are lazy. They don't want to do the research and deep study to discover "the hidden treasures of real

spirituality". They're content to receive their indoctrination blindly and they are content to continue thinking they are some sort of special group.

• minimus
    minimus

Regarding "belonging to something", the reason JWs stay put is because they are afraid to lose everyone around them----and it works!

• Maddie
    Maddie

The JW religion itself is without doubt a cult. Most JW's are under mind control and believe they have the "Truth". The JW's that have doubts and those that know it is a deception stay in for various reasons. These reasons can be a) not knowing where else to go b) family are JW's so not wanting to lose them c) social life and work revolve around being a JW d) Having devoted life for many years to being a JW, cognitive dissonance overcomes any knowledge that it isn't the "Truth".

There are probably many reasons but these are the main ones IMO.

Maddie

• journey-on
    journey-on

That's where the fear comes in, Minimus. Fear tactics work in all sorts of things...government, parental discipline, religion, marriage, etc.

With JWs, it's the fear of losing family members if you leave, the fear of the Big A, the fear of being "nothing with no place to go", the fear

of not belonging to SOMETHING....fear, fear, fear!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..The Jehovah`s Witness Religion is 10 Lbs of Sh*t,in a 5 Lb bag...................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• poppers
    poppers

Having never been a dub, the Jehovah's Witnesses are a very odd fringe group that I wouldn't have given a second thought to had I not come across this board nearly 4 years ago. But since I did stumble onto this site I can't ignore the craziness that I've come to learn about - it's a fascinating "freak show" that I can't turn away from. But I've come to deeply care about the people here and the courage you display in coming to terms with your situations. And as flipper says, "peace out".

• cluless
    cluless

To me the Jehovahs Witness Religion is? (Good question MINIMUS)

I think God created the light out of the darkness. The darkness doesnt exist. ITS the false thinking of people.

To ME The Jehovahs Witness Religion is the darkness. It doesnt exist.

But having escaped the darkness of Jehovahs Witnesses as an organisation I belive the light still shines (Oftern silently) on individual members of each congregation.

So the Jehovahs Witness Religion To Me is the same as any Religion or Business organisation .Be careful not to loose your individuality.

• snowbird
    snowbird

It is a belief system and a lifestyle for which I once felt such a passion.

Now that I've found out it is all built on sand, I feel a sense of relief and freedom.

I no longer feel the need to have all the answers. No one has them, anyway - yet.

My 2000th post.

Sylvia

• faundy
    faundy

I disagree with the first statement. I also imagine Minimus sat there, racking his brains for yet another topic...

My friends truly believed their faith was founded on the truths of the Bible and simply wanted to lead a better life for themselves and others. They love Jehovah, and worship him. They may be misled, they may be totally wrong. But it's not as easy to categorize them as you may think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit