I need your help responding to my old JW friends email

by student1 42 Replies latest jw friends

• student1
    student1

Hello guys, todya I recieved an email from an old friend of mine within the Jdubs... he did the usual jdub thing get married really young and as such we lost touch.. he since found me on facebook and has been bugging me about my decision to leave, I talked to him a little but his mind is completely closed and irrational so I was having little success saving him from the cult and as sich I decided to end the call.. by saying "your happy and i'm happy so lets leave it be and aggree to differ" - however he wont let it rest this is his email: any help in responding would be most appreciated!!

PS... how ironic that he should mention George Orwell when he lives within a cult that epitomizes the 1984 book!!

hello. seeing as you never botherered ringing me back or texting i thort id email you..
    i hope you are well, i see you clothes are becoming less and less... so next time I click on your profile Il expect you just to be wearing a leaf??

which reminds me.. if you are no longer a witness that means you can show me your boobies!!! yippee!!!

i have also determind that the facebook site is a curse, whenever i click on friends from the past, they are no longer witnesses?? what is going on..
    p.s you know what you said about brainwashing... well, arnt we all living in a big brother, ORSON WELLES ESK.. society already, is the world getting better? no, is it getting worse? yes..

i have also done alot of research as to why there has been a number of elders who have mismananged things, and some border hypocrisy, and often some are incorrect, also there have been governing body members who have stated armageddon would fall in 1975, as well as a number of other dates.. watchtowers directing to this also?? why i thort could this happen if it is inspired through them (the watchtower and awake)?? well.. we are all imperfect including them... new evidence is uncovered all the time, therefore certain thorts and explanations get adjusted such as with all scientific proven events.. murder trials.. years later uncover knew evidence, not that the people investigating were not knowlegeable enough, but that new things come to light... the word as a whole based on the scriptures has never changed, certainly some people, and writings, ideas since have ammended. yes. but overall, the pros out way the cons.the reasoning of such things reasons more so than anything else..

• dust
    dust

"You don't believe that the JWs are brainwashed. Typical for brainwashed cult-members is that nothing ever could make them leave the cult. Whatever they discover, they will find ways of excusing it. Can you think of anything that would make you leave the organisation?"

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

The comany line is always the same......Imperfect men in a perfect organization. Lest he forget that this organization which which bears the name of JEHOVAH, settled a multi-million dollar lawsuit for child abusers. Ask him this, Did the wts not bring great reproach upon his name????

• nelly136
    nelly136
    hello. seeing as you never botherered ringing me back or texting i thort id email you..
    i hope you are well, i see you clothes are becoming less and less... so next time I click on your profile Il expect you just to be wearing a leaf??

which reminds me.. if you are no longer a witness that means you can show me your boobies!!! yippee!!!

just pity his wife and iggy the perv.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Is he hitting on you or evangelizing you? It's hard to tell. Here's a quote I just discovered yesterday, from "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen R. Covey

"But not to acknowledge a mistake, not to correct it and learn from it, is a mistake of a different order. It usually puts a person on a self-deceiving, self-justifying path, often involving rationalizaton (rational lies) to self and to others. This second mistake, this cover-up, empowers the first, giving it disporportionate importance, and causes far deeper injury to self." (p. 91, pp 5).

Rationalization is "rational lies". I can't imagine a better fit for Witness-logic.

• nelly136
    nelly136

i think he stated his purpose quite clearly in the first sentences, the jw bollox is secondary and just an excuse to re-engage you after you cut him off the first time.

you are not responsible for getting him out of the dubs, some of them are better left where they are.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    you are not responsible for getting him out of the dubs, some of them are better left where they are.

I agree with nellie - just ignore him.

nj

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I would probably act offended at his suggestion that he can now see your boobies. Then quote the scripture about one bad apple spoiling the whole bunch. I would probably say something along the lines of...

"Jesus said the parable one bad apple spoils the whole bunch, you yourself are saying that governing body members said the end would fall in 1975, would that be considered one bad apple? You yourself said that elders mismanage things bordering on hypocracy, would that be considered one bad apple? There are 12 cases in court right now about children being sexually molested and the elder bodies of the congregations covering them up, would that be considered one bad apple, or a dozen? Now the person defending to me the WT society is a married man asking to see me naked, would that be considered one bad apple? Forgive me if I don't jump to attend the next Public Talk."

You could probably add in there somewhere, what exactly is the point where you say that there's too many bad things going on to have the orginization held accountable for it. He'll probably stop talking to you, but seriously any married man who asks to see someone he knows boobies is a total creep. I would expect my wife to beat the crap out of me if I ever did that. How can he preach he's in a righteous orginization when he's trying to do something that "the world" considers wrong.

• crashfire451
    crashfire451

Did someone say boobies?

• Gadget
    Gadget
    certainly some people, and writings, ideas since have ammended. yes. but overall, the pros out way the cons.the reasoning of such things reasons more so than anything else..

Does he think that these amendments will continue in the future? How does he think Jehovah views the fact that things in his organisation aren't exactly the way he wants them to be? Does he think its acceptable? How did Jehovah reward Uzzah for doing what he thought was right in difficult circumstances?

And more importantly, how are people who reconise that a change is needed treated? We are constantly being told to not 'run ahead of the organisation', but is it not more important to do things the way that Jehovah wants rather than conforming to group norms until everybody else changes?

The Israelites were once Jehovahs earthly representatives, but lost that postion be doing things unacceptable to Jehovah. Jehovahs witnesses don't believe in 'once saved always saved', so hypothetically it is possible for Jehovah to reject the watchtower as his earthly representative. What things does he think would have to happen for Jehovah to do this? This is a deeply personal thing, and individual differences would play a big part in this. What would he do if he ever saw those things happening? This would be a similar situation to that of the first century christians, leaving what was considered to be god's earthly organisation to follow Jesus. Were they wrong to do this?

Questions like this could get you labelled as an apostate, but your only doing what the 'Awake' August 22 1984 readers letters section told you to do:

The Catholic Church occupies a very significant position in the world and claims to be the way of salvation for hundreds of millions of people. Any organization that assumes that position should be willing to submit to scrutiny and criticism.

Surely the criteria applied by the watchtower to the catholic church also applies to the watchtower?

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit