I think that my wife is maybe turning the corner !!!

by TooBad TooSad 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

My wife has been softening up this past year. She is missing more meetings for very feeble excuses.

I think that she is a little envious on meeting nights as she rushes around the house trying to get

ready for the meeting, to hear the same things she has heard for the past 20 years, and I am in front

of the HD television relaxing drinking a nice glass of wine. Well yesterday, she asked me if I heard

that a suicide bomber had killed Benzir Bhutto in Pakistan? I told her yes. She said what kind

of religion do the Muslims have that allow their members to kill themselves? They are very cultish

she tells me. I told her that they are no different than Jehovah's Witnesses who allow their members

to kill themselves and their children by not taking blood transfusions. For the first time she had nothing

to say and I could see the gears begin to turn in her brain. The majority of JW's, when you give them

information that shoots down the Watchtower teachings, just give you a space out look like you are

crazy. I hope that my wife will continue to use the brain that God gave her to think for herself.

TooBad TooSad

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

I wish you and your wife the strength to handle these times.

As you know, Witnesses follow the GB/WTS because of whom it claims to be, regardless of what it says. Hence they ask the question "to whom else can we go?".

An equally strong factor is knowing the impact that disfellowshiping will have, with friends and loved ones.

Even after leaving, the mental scars remain for years, sometimes decades.

I wish you both the ability to handle these times with sensitivity.

Doug

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, jws forget that part of being a Christian is supposed to be willing to die for their beliefs. Suicide is not part of the official Muslim teaching but jws are taught that it is better to die than to have a transfusion.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Some people run around like a chicken with their head cut off on meeting nights, just because it is what they know to do. It has been burned into our brains to do it. They talk about "Catholic guilt," I think "JW meeting guilt" is just as bad. I do believe there are many JW's out their that attend just because. Because they were raised in it, their family is in it, the only friends they have are in it, but down deep they know that it is just another religion. I think your wife is falling into that catagory. I was feeling the same before I left. I hope she leaves also....

Leslie

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Wow sounds like me...On Sundays my husband helped us get ready then went back to bed. While I was wrestling with a busy 2 yr old at meeting. I was SO jealous!!! We feel so much more united now that I have finally wised up. Even his sister mentioned that he seems more at peace.

You handled that comment perfectly, keep it up. Maybe you'll have a family Christmas next year!

momz

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Maybe a few more missed meetings, a few more zero months of field circus, and not associating with those people that want to drag her back into regular meeting attendance, and soon there will be one less witless. Perhaps a look at Crisis of Conscience will speed up the process in due time...

• mouthy
    mouthy

Perhaps a look at Crisis of Conscience will speed up the process in due time...

Do you leave this book around? I know Br Smith was reading it unbeknown to his wife ,He used to hide it under the sofa, one day she found it & started secretly reading it when he was not around....
    Both free now!!!!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I wish you lots of luck

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Well at least you have her thinking....

Best of luck to you.

babygirl....

• Sherlock
    Sherlock

Good luck !

Mine quit me and she is still JW keeping our daughter (21 months old).

Sometimes it's very hard to think about my daughter in a Kingdom Hall and I can't do anything.

...for the moment...

Cheers !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit