at the memorial when do the annoited drink of the cup and eat of the bread?

by grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95 11 Replies latest jw friends

• grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95
    grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95

when i was JW i never saw an annointed person.... i thought that to be annointed you had to be american....i remember i asked someone at KM Hall were do the annointed drink the wine and eat the bread ? they siad it happens in a back room in private.... is this true? i was only young maybe it was just a throw off answer.....

i always felt that holding the wine and bread publicly for a few seconds and then passing it on was a direct public DENIAL of Yahushua's instruction........ "thankyou Jeusus but NO thankyou....."

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Why pass around the beard and wine if most can't eat or drink it? Just rubbing in the misguided opinion that Jesus' sacrifice ain't for you.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

yeah they are claiming that only PART of the bible applies to you and the IMPORTANT PART applies ONLY to them.............. i call bulls***............ either the bible is 100% right or its 100% wrong.......... either every word in it applies to me or none of it does.

in my hall we didnt have any of the annointed........ so they passed around the bread and wine....... and took it to the library after the service...........

occasionally someone would bring fresh meat to the memorial and not explain it to them before hand....... so they thinking it was just communion would partake......... but the elders never counted them............

then......... get this............. after the meeting...... when most of the people had left............ you could eat the bread and drink the wine lol....... fortunately for us we had a bunch of local winerys........... and they had some wines especially for passover............... FABULOSE.............mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmm

and we had this older sister who was the best damn cook....... she made the bread........... it was awesome.

lol kinda sacreligious right lol

• wizardca
    wizardca

went to the memorial this year...it keeps the family sane....new blood was there and kept attempting to partake of the bread n wine. it took all the strength in me to not start laughing at the new blood's cult leader bible study conductor(?) attempts to stop her. quite amusing.

my grandmother makes the bread for her congregation....i've had it...meh, it's like eating grape nuts. it needs butter to make it worth eating. i can pass, thanks.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I believe they are supposed to take a little nibble of the stale crackers and a sip of the spoiled grape juice when it is being passed to them. This gets observed by the hounder attendants, and they have to fill out the paperwork when they see that happening and report it to the Society. I guess that allows them to discount it when some pranksters or apostates show up just to increase the Memorial partakers and further embarrass the Watchtower Society.

It is also my understanding that, after the wastefest is done, that anyone can partake. The emblems will no longer represent anything, and it is now regular food (if you can call those stale crackers "food"). It is only during passing that it counts. Personally, I don't feel that it is worth going to the boring wastefest.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

In the 40 some odd years that I attended meetings, I was associated with 4 differant cong. that had annointed partkers. I knew a total of 8 individuals that claimed to be of the annointed. 2 were very old, 1 50ish, the other 5 were women under 40. Including 1 teenager.As each of the emblems were passed, each would take a bite of the bread, and then a sip of the wine, in the order of their passsing.

• Akira
    Akira

I have family members who participate from the emblems. In the Memorial they take a little piece of the bread and a sip of the wine. I always feel weird.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Thank you... and may you all have peace! (Please note that my response is not to be contentious - it is merely to set the matter straight, in accuracy, so that those who TRULY wish to know and understand might be able to do so). Now, then…

Just because someone partakes does NOT mean they are "anointed." Even the Pope eats and drinks ("takes 'communion'”), dear ones. At the WTBTS "Memorial," those who profess to be "of the anointed" (but are not, I am sorry, and will explain below…), take a VERY small sip and VERY small nibble when the emblems are passed to them. Most do this because... well, you would NOT believe the looks, stared, comments, etc., unless your hair is gray and/or your skin is white. Obviously (i.e., due the teaching that there are only a few), it is “something to see.” For those of "older" ones), there is almost a sigh among the observers (i.e., "WE are blessed, because WE have an 'anointed' in our congregation!" or "Oooh, he/she is very 'special'.) This is because of the hoopla... and separation... that the WTBTS makes over "the anointed."

[Before I move on, I think I should ask anyone here, when speaking of those “anointed” written about in the Bible, to name one… ONE… who was “chosen” as an old person… ONE… who was chosen AFTER he or she had spent some years “dedicated” to God. EVERY individual chosen… in the Bible… was under the age of 30 at the time – most, in fact, were infants. The WTBTS’ very FALSE teaching that one would have put in “years of service” BEFORE being chosen… is a malicious lie. It presupposes that the choosing is a REWARD for service – it is NOT. Rewards… are earned/deserved. The choosing… is due to UNDESERVED kindness. It is… a GIFT! I digress.]

What SHOULD occur is that ALL should partake - eat AND drink – REGARDLESS OF AGE - because there is NOT supposed to be two laws among Israel and those who go with them. In addition, as Peter stated, “The blessing is for you… and your children!” And, as Paul pointed out, ALL who left Egypt (Israel AND the "vast mixed company") “ate the manner and drank from the rock-mass (Christ)”. It is what kept ALL of them alive, Israel and "those who [went] WITH Israel.

And all should eat and drink... EVERY DAY... not just once a month, year, whathaveyou. You feed you physical flesh at least once daily; I ask you: how often should you feed your SPIRIT? (And, yes, in order to live forever... the spirit, too, needs to eat... from the Tree of Life!)

Now, back to those in the Borg who do partake: IF they were TRULY "anointed"... they would:

1. KNOW that is to be only ONE law... because it is WRITTEN (literally, in the Law and should be on their hearts… and thus ALL should eat and drink

2. Would NOT allow themselves to be separate and/or held out as special because

a. The NEW Covenant does not allow for it and adhering to ANYTHING under the Old Law negates a union under the new… and

b. Like our Leader, Christ, a TRULY anointed person is the SERVANT of ALL others, not one to be served (in any form)

3. Would not continue "touching" such an "unclean" thing as the WTBTS... which CAUSES such separation, which CREATED the two laws, and which... by doing this… is the IMAGE of the "wild beast"... the thing that attempts to put Israel BACK "under law" (the wild beast that had its head cut off but then restored)

4. Would not touch any religious institution (whether Babylon the Great, or her “daughters”) because one they ARE chosen… they become “virgins” again, by means of such anointing, and thus a joined ONLY to Christ… as their one and ONLY “husbandly-owner” (thus, it is His law… of LOVE… that they follow… and none other)

And they would KNOW all of this... by means of the very SPIRIT... HOLY spirit... that THEY claim "bears witness" IN them... in order to MAKE them "anointed." THAT Spirit… would teach them ALL things.

They are, then, "false" christs (false “anointed”), just like those of other religions who make similar claims. True, they may have heard the CALL while in the WTBTS (which prompted them to partake), or like others BEFORE entering a religion or while in one; however, they have not yet RECEIVED THE HOLY SPIRIT (which is why they can’t explain the “choosing”).

Should they stop partaking? That is up to their consciences – if they are “eating and drinking unworthily” (and if they are doing so while shunning and judging others, or while attached to a “golden calf,” “wild beast” or other “idol” that shuns and judges, they just might be)… they may need to take a step back and SCRUTINIZE themselves FIRST… as well as discern the body they are partaking of… before continuing. Otherwise, they are “eating and drinking judgment” against themselves (“with the same judgment that you are judging, you will BE judged.”)

They should, therefore... "SEPARATE [themselves]… and QUIT TOUCHING THE UNCLEAN THING..."; because it is ONLY then that JAH will take them in "as sons and daughters." And it is this “taking in” that is the TRUE “anointing” (and thus, adoption) BY HOLY SPIRIT… which CHOOSING... they should thereafter RATIFY... by continuing to eat and drink the flesh and blood of Christ.

I bid you all peace… and, for those who wish it, ears to hear what the Spirit AND the Bride KEEP saying:

“Come! Take ‘life’s water’… the holy spirit of God… which spirit is poured out from the ‘inmost parts’ of God’s cistern, the Holy One of Israel, my Lord and my Master, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH… FREE!”

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Honesty
    Honesty

You are correct.

The Jehovah's Witnesses are doing it all backwards.

But then again that's what they are.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

GrewUp said,

i thought that to be annointed you had to be american....

LOL! Yes!

At first I thought, "how could anyone who was ever a Dub even ask a question like that?" Then I realized that with less than 10,000 anointed spread among 6,500,000 members, OF COURSE some people would never see an anointed one in his native habitat.

i remember i asked someone at KM Hall were do the annointed drink the wine and eat the bread ? they siad it happens in a back room in private

Your advisor didn't know what he was talking about, probably because he'd never seen an anoninted one in REAL LIFE either. He probably only saw them in photos in National Geographic magazine.

I grew up and went to meetings in New York City, where we had an abundant supply of local anointed AND a large jewish community, from whom we could get matzhos and passover wine that was made the way it ought to be made. I shudder to think what those in more rural locations had to endure. Yeah, I'm a food snob.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit