I'm really burnt about my family, someone talk me down!!!

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Venting here.

We had Christmas with my sister and her two daughters, just 1 of 3 of my sisters that is OUT of the evil cult!! Yay! We had a blast, her girls are 9 & 12 and sweet and smart and funny. We had a ball. It was our first Christmas together in 36 years, our first as adults. It was just a delight. I'm gonna cry.

I keep thinking about how our Pioneer/Elder parents have scorned/criticized/scolded her for getting divorced from her abusive husband when she needed them most. I think about when the girls will return to Arizona to their evil jw father, and that they'll likely be persecuted/punished by dad, by the witlesses and jw relatives for celebrating Xmas. I think about how our parents IGNORE the girls and my other nieces and nephews who are not jws anymore. And I think about the joy we had being together for one special day, just one day to fuss over our loved ones and eat and laugh and enjoy music and eat some more and to count our years by Christmases and it makes me smile. . .and how jws choose to NOT be happy, to not have this joy, to not feel this love. . .to put all their energy into directing their god-given hate at children!. . .and I know they won't listen, they won't change, they won't let go their obsession with Watchtower, they won't allow themselves to just BE. . .our parents, our friends, our sisters, our brothers, our anything. . .and we miss them, but they're just gone. . .

And I'm furious.

• avishai
    avishai

Can they move where you are?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Pioneer Spit, I hear you......................

The waste of opportunities to experience love, joy, peace, happiness - boggles the mind. These things do not recycle....time marches on...........it is a great sadness and travesty......who will pay? When will it end? How and why does this happen? No satisfying answers........................so sorry...........

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

The WTS consistently remind us that they specifically avoid the holidays because we on one hand celebrate once a year, instead of 24/365. So prove these drones they are wrong. Celebrate your life and your family by doing what you love to do. Celebrate your life every day. Invite family over weekly. Show the world you are happy and you love life. Praise your God, or what makes you happiest.

Society members say they are happy about their lives, but are they really happy? Nice to be faithful-nice to be discreet-but to be a slave? If they really think being a fearful slave is a good and fruitful way to live, they are sadly mistaken. If God did not want us to celebrate Christmas, does anyone really believe that after thousands of years we would still be celebrating.

We were not brought onto this planet just to be slaves of a book. And just what does the book tell us anyway? It states in so many ways that Jesus is the way, not some society. Show me anywhere in the Bible that the Watchtower is the way? Not once is it mentioned, but how to find everlasting life through Jesus is all over the place.

Do what your heart tells you. When it's all said and done all will be welcome to the New World, whatever it is. Happy New Year from everyone here (if I can be so bold!)

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Take a deep breath and let it out. Do that again. One more time. Anger can motivate you, but the long term affects only hurt you.

As for working on your family-the JW adults-that would be an exercise in futility, they are solid in their beliefs and you can't help them.

The children on the other hand, can be helped. Just hold them and love them, tell them what is going on, maybe even warn them what the JWs will say and do. When they're old enough, they can choose to leave, but only if they know that they can do that, if they know that that is a possible option and that its up to them in part. If they know that you or their mother (?) are waiting for them and will be supportive, if they can resist the Borg teachings, then they will be ok. Giving them tools to use to resist the borg, in an unconfrontational way, is crucial. Why unconfrontational? Because they're children, with adults in authority over them, there would be nothing gained by making the kids fight the fight, why make their life harder than it already is. Silent resistance.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    I think about the joy we had being together for one special day, just one day to fuss over our loved ones and eat and laugh and enjoy music and eat some more and to count our years by Christmases and it makes me smile. . .and how jws choose to NOT be happy, to not have this joy, to not feel this love

You have reason for your anger, and it's okay in the short term. But in the long term it hurts only you, not them. Once you calm down, re-read what you wrote that I copied and know that you have more reason to feel sorry for them than anything. They are the ones who choose to miss out. I hope your choice is compassion and understanding over anger and frustration.

Focus on how blessed you are to have spent the holidays with those you love and to have shared this time with them.

Peace and joy,

Jackie

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

D29 seems to have hit the nail on the head. I have just realized that to beat them at their own silly game is absolute silence. Challenge nothing. Change the subject. That's how to beat them. Ignore them. It makes more sense than to challenge a drone. They are unable to communicate without talking. Silence speaks volumes.

I have to thank D29 personally. I have been trying to figure out how to deal with a Witness associate and one day I said enough is enough. But he was persistent. I will try this (as I did for a few hours on Monday and it seemed to have annoyed him). Silence (at least for me) is golden.

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

""how jws choose to NOT be happy, to not have this joy, to not feel this love. . .to put all their energy into directing their god-given hate at children!. . .and I know they won't listen, they won't change, they won't let go their obsession with Watchtower, they won't allow themselves to just BE. . .our parents, our friends, our sisters, our brothers, our anything. . .and we miss them, but they're just gone. . ""

But it's so good you also know this:

""the joy we had being together for one special day, just one day to fuss over our loved ones and eat and laugh and enjoy music and eat some more and to count our years by Christmases and it makes me smile ""

Keep smiling and remembering and planning for more and more happiness together. Easter and Valentine's Day are just around the bend. And Halloween will be here before you know it. Keep having fun.

Congrats on enjoying yourselves. Keep up the good work!

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

It hurts, and will carry on hurting, but please remember the mind control aspect of this cult we were all part of.

I had Christmas day just me and my two boys, because that's the only family I have now. Yet in reality I have a mother, 3 siblings, scores of friends and relatives that are lost to me, but still we had a brilliant day just like you did, and I hope it will be the first of many.

It's their loss. Keep being happy, there is no greater advert for stepping outside the WTS! They want to see you miserable, dont give in to it.

Thinking of you

Poppy xxx

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Man I hate that cult and what it does to children.

I think every body here said some good points.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit