Without using the Bible.........

by searcher 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mouthy
    mouthy

My problem is with the creators believers, many (most)

I'm Glad you said MOST!!!! I dont care if you do or dont

• hmike
    hmike

But what is the proof that the prophecies were written before the events came to pass?

The Bible was written over a very long time, so someone later could well have believed they were written before and so would have continued the belief by their writings.

For example, the New Testament claims that Jesus of Nazareth is the fulfillment of Isaiah 53, among other OT passages. We know that these OT scriptures predated Jesus, so it's a question of whether the applicable events recorded in the NT really happened, and if they did, were they correctly understood? I'm sure that even if some Jewish and Roman historians had affirmed that they personally witnessed Jesus was dead from crucifixion, and they later saw him alive, that would not prevent the controversy.

There is no proof of any position—that's why it's controversial. We don't have access to the kind of information we need to verify it, so it becomes a matter of probability and how it correlates with what we already believe and feel.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It is predictable the Sun will come again and be resurrected 3days after its death. This was known thousands of years before Jesus. The Jesus story has been around since thinkers thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQLD59fK_Iw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit