I think I might be taking work too seriously

by Elsewhere 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

In the last year no less than THREE people have taking to referring to me using "Sir".

It's normally "Yes Sir"

or "Sir..." to get my attention when they need something.

These are not my buddies at work that I cut up and joke with... these are others who [GULP] look up to me.

I'm not aware of any other person at the office who is referred to using the word "Sir". At the company Christmas party one of the guys (who is actually senior in title) came to me and made a big fuss about how mush he admired me and how cool I was under pressure at work.

I'm not sure if I like being referred to as "Sir". Yeah, I like the respect, but "Sir"????

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

about 35 you start putting out the "i am looking at adult diapers' vibe and younger people start looking at you with awe for being as old as you are.

it's all about changes, Dave...changes...

~Hill

• ninja
    ninja

shut up you twat.......he he.......ninja keeping elsies feet on the ground........muhahahahahaha

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well, why not request that they use something else that's more comfortable for you like your last name (Mr _____ ) or your first name.

Josie

• erynw
    erynw

Welcome to middle age sir.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

At work no one uses things like "Sir" or "Mr."... not even to the senior managers who fly in from other places. Its just these few people have fixated on me.

I scanned it all with my "smart ass" detector and found it to be clean! They actually see me as "Sir".

shut up you twat.......he he.......ninja keeping elsies feet on the ground........muhahahahahaha
    Whew! Thanks! Needed that!
  • ninja
    ninja

np sir.......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I mean this in a loving way...stop being a wimp and tell them to call you something else and everytime they use "sir" kindly remind them again until it sinks in.

Josie

• Gregor
    Gregor

Next time a junior co worker calls you sir tell him to drop and give you twenty.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    I'm not aware of any other person at the office who is referred to using the word "Sir". At the company Christmas party one of the guys (who is actually senior in title) came to me and made a big fuss about how mush he admired me and how cool I was under pressure at work

My friend, you should know by now that people get drunk at Christmas parties and say dumb things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit