Dansk

OF WINGMAN & THE LETTER CAMPAIGN?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/144313/2597136/post.ashx#2597136

Did it work for anyone?

Ian

• llbh
    llbh

Hi Ian

What was this all about? The way i read it is that a brother was trying to strengthen the society by pointing up its weaknesses and thus it was an internal matter.?

Hope ur well regards David

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Good morning Ian! I didn't see that either? Fill us in.

nomoreguilt

• Dansk
    Dansk

Good morning, David and NMG,

What was this all about?

Well, back in October, I believe, a JW elder (Wingman) came here to JWD and said that he and some other elders, while wishing to remain JWs, did not agree with many of the organisation's beliefs and had started a campaign to rally support through sending letters to congregations (link supplied above). Some here took part - but the results have never been published.

I was never optimistic that such a campaign would succeed as the body of elders in congregations are usually a bunch of bigoted, arrogant toe-the-line fools who would undoubtedly put such letters in the trash can and warn the flock that it was a concerted effort by apostates to undermine "God's organisation".

However, there is always the possibility that some elders are able to think for themselves and the letter may have hit home. Because there has been silence since the letters went out and it is now December I can only assume the campaign was not successful. I'd like to hear from anyone involved in the campaign as to what actually transpired.

Ian

• llbh
    llbh

Thanks Ian,

That was was my take on it, i just wasn't sure that's all.

The letters may have done some good on an individual level i think. but on an any other level i am pessimistic like you. The wts will do what they did to stop people thinking . Look what they did to Ray Franz et al If they even sniffed at such a campaign the people would be hung out to dry!

Their version of truth is very insecure if it can not bear to be scrutinised.

Some day i will have to visit Manchester, but can they take it!!!

Wishing you well

David

• yknot
    yknot

I participated in that.....(((because I am EVIL)))

Not a word was spoken in public.....and I sent about 22 letters locally......more to other wayward ultra-totalitarian congos in my area....

I think the WTS lurks and when ELdums contacted Mother, she explained the Jigg.

Just my opinion

• Dansk
    Dansk

Thank you, Yknot.

I think the WTS lurks

JWD is a powerful foe of Watchtower so it is only to be expected that Watchtower has its spies lurking here. I have no doubts it knew of the letter campaign in advance and already had made plans to combat it. The rank and file will do just as their masters tell them to.

One day..............................

David, it would be lovely to meet you. Just let me know when you intend to pop up this way.

Ian

• Dansk
    Dansk

Anyone else send letters out? What was the response? Positive or negative?

Ian

• IT Support
    IT Support

A few weeks ago (I don't remember exactly when) I sent out around 50 to all the elders whose home addresses I knew, in all the congregations around here. I also sent it to all my JW family members.

However, as I sent it anonymously, I have not received any feedback!

• Dansk
    Dansk
    as I sent it anonymously, I have not received any feedback!

No rumblings from family members?

I guess the congregations were warned to keep silent and not give any time to this "apostate propaganda which would cause one to be ensnared by Satan."

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit