why do JW's believe ........

by grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

Can't be true! I just saw "unlikely angel" this afternoon. With a set of mammary glands like that......dang lost my train of thought...... carmel

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't believe the demons are really dangerous. What the Watchtower Society doesn't want you to know is that Satan was, in fact, liberating Adam from being tied to doing only as he was told. Once he ate the "apple", he now had to make the decisions himself. And, in doing so, he could have been set free from the stagnation that Jehovah set up for him.

In fact, the demons have not been responsible for nearly as many deaths, even if one believes the Bible and in God as benevolent, as God Himself has. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because He did not feel like minding His own business. He destroyed Canaan for the same reason. Even among the Israelites, if they did something that God hated but was harmless, God would not hesitate to use deadly force to control them.

After seeing all the facts, plus the fact that Jehovah is capable of creating deprivations that last a person's whole life and the demons are not, I believe that it is Jehovah that is the menace and is extremely dangerous. And there isn't a damn thing we can do about it because He will use deadly force and harassment to keep people under His stifling control. Trying to satisfy this merciless monstroth is impossible, since that almighty parasite will keep demanding more and more.

Since Jesus did not display those traits, that tells me that Jesus was either an atheist, a devil worshiper in its purest form, or simply a human that wanted to set man free from God's crippling stranglehold on man. Either way, it does not imply that we need to be spending thousands of hours going from door to door or to boasting sessions in order to benefit from his works. Jesus tried to set man free from mysticism. And God as the infinitely benevolent being is a myth.

• Gordy
    Gordy
    These wicked angels were not thrown into a literal place called Tartarus. Rather, Tartarus, which is mistranslated "hell" in some Bibles, refers to the abased or fallen condition of these angels. They were cut off from the spiritual light of God’s organization , and they have only everlasting destruction awaiting them. (James 2:19; Jude 6) Since the time of the Flood, God has not permitted these demon angels to take on fleshly bodies, so they cannot directly satisfy their unnatural sexual desires. Yet they can still exercise dangerous power over men and women. In fact, with the help of these demons Satan is "misleading the entire inhabited earth." (Revelation 12:9).

It says "since the time of the flood, God has not permitted demon angels to take on fleshly bodies"

Incidentally where in the Bible does it say they can't?

But those angels mentioned in Rev 12 are not ones who took human form before the flood and put in Tartarus. They are ones who were in heaven and were thrown out when they had the war with Michael. This according to the WT took place around 1914.

How can they be "cut off from the spiritual light of Gods organisation" ? Surely they can see whats printed by the WT and hear what is spoken by "Gods organisation".

• grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95
    grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95

dear WTwizard.......

your comments seem as though they are affiliated with some snippets of satanist doctrane...............

• AGuest
    AGuest

Again, may you have peace!

The WTBTS is only partly right (of course) with regard to materialization of spirit beings:

Group 1 - Daemons (spirits) which have favor can manifest themselves in three (3) ways:

(a) They can literally materialize (i.e., put on the flesh and blood of earthling man, animal or plant, which they can also put off because, unlike
    us, they are not "bound"… enslaved... by such flesh and blood – like my Lord, they are “released”)

(b) They can occupy the vessel (body) of a living thing (i.e., earthling man, animal or plant), which they can also vacate because, again, they are not “bound”

(c) They can reflect the glory of God (and so look like "lighting" or "bright light")

Group 2 – Some daemons without favor can still manifest; however, only in the manner of 1(b) above (vessel occupation): they cannot materialize nor can they reflect God’s glory. These are spirit beings who either have rebelled but are NOT of the original Nephilim of Noah’s day, OR were cast out and hurled down with Satan. For the most part, these negatively possess and/or torture those they possess (including animals/ plants). And although they may be cast out, they are not confined (as are the Nephilim and Legion) and so are very capable of returning, often with other spirits (and thus reoccupying in a potentially worse manner). They access humans through weaknesses (obviously, then, they go for the weakest among us, and such fleshly weakness is NOT youth, age, or infirmity - it is SPIRITUAL weakness, such as superstition, fear, etc.) These can be expelled/cast out as set forth below, or, in the case of a possessed person, such person can expel them themselves: they need only oppose the bad spirit, if they are able (literally, just tell it to take a hike, but mean it), and it will leave (it must have your permission to remain). Once expelled, the person needs to maintain such opposition, however, in order to keep it from returning, perhaps with others. Legion was among this group, but now belongs to Group 3, discussed below.

[An aside for naysayers: While it is true that those who practice the “art” of medicine very often attribute a scientific/biologic reason for a person’s mental and psychological “affliction(s)” – and, no, I am not speaking of Alzheimer’s, etc., - there is also the very real phenomenon of demon-possession. Many who practice and/or put their faith in the “art” of medicine (and, no, I am not speaking of surgeons, as that is, actually, another thing altogether) believe that certain drugs will help, and this may be true; however, such “help” is only temporary because the daemon is not removed, but only subdued (because the BODY of the HOST is subdued by the drugs) – the ability of them to control the host is impaired. Which is why such folks need to stay on their medication(s) indefinitely, and why things tend to escalate when they don’t.

Of course, the next logical question is, if demon-possession is real, why aren’t the clergy, et al., able to “exorcise” them? While some actually do (by invoking the name of my Lord, which name alone WILL expel a daemon if the process is done correctly - i.e., in faith on the ABILITY of the invocation itself), that does not mean such person him or herself is “gifted” (“Lord, Lord” did we not expel daemons in your name?”); it just means they knew how to invoke the name.

There is also the true and logical answer that a house “divided against itself” cannot stand. MOST who claim the power to expel demons have not received such as a gift from God, through Christ, but only invoke the name of Christ (which name really isn’t well-known), and so in truth there are really only a [very] few actual legitimate expulsions. We really don’t ever hear about these because those with the TRUE gift are truly very humble folk, who expel out of love and pity for the victim (rather than a quest for the glory of men) and who received free and so give free. They are very far and few in between and are not “out there,” per se. For the most part, they are quite UNremarkable in every other way so that if and when word does get out, no one believes it anyway. I digress.]

Group 3 – These are also without favor, but cannot manifest at all: they cannot materialize, cannot occupy/possess and, because of their location (far, very far, from the throne of God), cannot reflect the glory of God. They are reserved “in darkness” (far away from the Light). They consist of the Nephilim and Legion, both of which are confined by water (which confines spirits, but does not destroy/kill them) and “reserved” in Tartarus, the lowest part of the pit (of the abyss, the location of which is another post). The Nephilim were confined when, at the commencement of the flood, they attempted to put off the flesh they occupied (in order to have relations with women, animals, etc.), and return to the spirit realm; the water of the Flood, however, prevented this and confined them (that’s why it had to be so much water). Legion was confined when my Lord cast them, first, into the swine, which swine then ran over a cliff and into the water below (that is why they were sent into swine – “unclean” animals – which were then sent into the sea – to confine Legion).

I hope this helps, dear GrewUp, and again, I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Again, may you have peace!

The WTBTS is only partly right with regard to materialization of spirit beings. Daemons (spirits) which still have favor materialize in three ways:

• zack
    zack

Apparently the eternal bonds didn't stop them from possessing the bodies of Jews in Jesus time. Seems like the demons like kosher meat!

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

These are not the same spirits.

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit