WHEN DID 6,000 YEARS DOCTRINE ORIGNATE

by badboy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

To Nathan: I agree with you 100%. When I studied astro-physics in college, it was proven beyond any doubt that the animals and mankind were here millions of years ago. I know the WT tried to play games when questioned about dinosaurs and what happened to them. One speaker said they died off before the animals we see today were created. If they weren't wouldn't the dinosaurs had eaten most of the life we see around us now?

Another speaker said the dinosaurs drowned in the flood of Noah's time. So why didn't Noah bring 2 or each into the ark? Doesn't the WT know how big these animals were?

Even if we leave out the dinosaurs, all of the animals he was supposed to have put into the ark, the food needed for them (and remember that some are carnivores and they weren't going to be happy with a salad made of straw and cow's milk to drink. None of the animals reproduced, thereby crowding the ark even more? How did 8 people clean up all the waste from these animals? It has been estimated by some that it would take 50 men working 24 hours/day to shovel and dump it all outside, and even then they couldn't keep up. So when the ark settled and the water went away, there would certainly be a mess all around them.

I hope these points help to tie together the whole "date issue" about how long man or animals were on the earth and when they were created.

• badboy
    badboy

INTERESTINGLY, 7,000 ROM 1925 MAKES IT 5,100 BC FOR ADAM'S CREATION.

• badboy
    badboy

BTTTT

• jam
    jam

my bible states., in vs 3 of genesis there was evening and there was morning one day. Each created day ended with evening, morning and the next day. I turn 60 this year. A year for me today seems like one month. The older I get the faster the time pass. But a day is still 24hrs. Anyone that reads today knows that this earth is lot older then 50000 yrs.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Nathan Natas,

I asked because I am really starting to see how brainwashed I am...I was having a "moment". I never payed attention to the fact that the WTBS claims that mankind started 6,000 years ago. If you met me on the street as a stranger even before my fade and you asked me how long man had been around I would have said that its more than 100,000 years. I never put 2 and 2 together. I'm realizing how blind I really was to everything that I was being taught. I was so busy underlining my watchtower that I forgot to stop and ask questions.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

NN (bowing graciously to shopaholic): Madame, the pleasure is mine!

• smiddy
    smiddy

If I rememember correctly,and I was baptized in 1961,jw`s allowed for an undisclosed amount of time,maybe even milleniums for the creation of the universe including our solar system,the 6000 yrs.relates to the preparing of the earth for mankind (sorry ladies and womankind ) So each of the 7 creative days of 7000 yrs began when the almighty decided to create a home for humanity.Remember that first sentence in the bible states:In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.(full stop ) I`ve been out 14 yrs now so god knows what changes they have made since then.Just a thought though.

• palexisls
    palexisls

shopaholic, the 6000 years figure is very old. christians came out with it a while ago by supposedly adding up the dates and timeframes derived from the stories and geneology in the bible.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Interestingly, the epistle of Barnabas is thought to have originated in Alexandria, the same place where the LXX was produced, and early Christians generally used the LXX, particularly those speaking Greek. That put the date of creation at c. 5586 BC and the end of 6,000 years around AD 415.

• badboy
    badboy

THE BOOK BY VAN AMBURGH SAYS THAT MANKIND IS 7,000 YEARS OLD NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH CREATION DAY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit