anyone here know about bi-polar?

by orbison11 41 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
    ninja

I dated a female eskimo and then a male eskimo.......I thought there was something wrong with me....turns out I was bi-polar

• llbh
    llbh

Ninja lol!!! ur too funny I spilt my tea

• ninja
    ninja

hi elby mate....hope you are well....its good to be back.....still a bit jetlagged though....woo hzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• llbh
    llbh

I am ok mate just being a lazy slob!

lb

• Robdar
    Robdar

Is your son artistic? If so, there is a good book by Kay R. Jamison regarding bipolar and the artistic personality. It is called Touched with Fire: Manic-Depressive Illness and the Artistic Temperament. This book will help you understand your son better.

http://www.amazon.com/Touched-Fire-Manic-Depressive-Artistic-Temperament/dp/068483183X

Bipolar can be a very serious disorder. It really comes down to the type of bipolar disorder that your son has.

I would have my son get a second opinion just to be sure he has not been misdiagnosed.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

This is what I think!!

Western society can ruin lives with all its ambitions and expectations it places on each at all levels, not least of which incorporates religion into its complex sets of written and unwritten rules. Its only OK if you win but not if you lose THE GAME

Some people will feel so left out in some ways for years on end and void of any real up close and personal love and regular affection that they develop an unhappiness with themselves and life in general, Others who have those aspects in full or in part will not feel such daily intensity of utter LACK or subtraction from their lives.

The only real solution is giving love and affection and developing real frienships - but coupled with keeping on course for careers and other stuff which is now essential to functionality as an older adult. Lack in major areas will likely bring back the whole low esteem, left out, wasted feelings. In fact humans are not stupid and may start to see life as THE GAME and one which bores them to play.

Drugs attempt to distract people from all these areas of lives which are off track. Finding a comfortable path is a much better solution IMHO because I feel drugs are just like a trick to keep me in a space I'm unhappy in anyhow.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

My daughter (20) has been diagnosed with bi-polar. It was hell for her and all involved until she was properly diagnosed and got her medication right.

She is doing well, takes her medication like clockwork, and functioning admirably.

You have probably been through the hardest part already.

purps

• Carmel
    Carmel

I've read that the incidence of bipolar disorder is lowest amongs 7th Day Adventists and veggans. Seems diet and lifestyle are major contributors and/or complicators for those predisposed to bipolar. carmel

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have a few family members with it. I wish I did not know about it from personal experience. With meds and therapy and determination, your son can live a fairly normal and balanced life, if he is lucky enough to find the right meds.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I've read that the incidence of bipolar disorder is lowest amongs 7th Day Adventists and veggans. Seems diet and lifestyle are major contributors and/or complicators for those predisposed to bipolar. carmel

Fascinating. Thank you, Carmel. I know that also that some families, genetically, can't make the neurotransmitters in the right amounts to keep their thinking balanced. So people in those families have to take extra effort in supplying the basic building blocks for the neurotransmitters and actual brain tissue and nervous systems to be properly formed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit