Oh No !! This is horrible (esp today), it's an egg!

by Vivamus 10 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

It's Christmas morning !! I just woke up for two days of unbridled funfests with family and friends. Cuz it's CHRISTMAS !!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!

Ok, now the OH NO part. As I said I just woke up, walked to the bathroom, looked into my eyes and though *wtf??*. I have an egg under my jaw / ear. I guess its a swollen gland or something - but it looks horrible ! So I tried massaging it, and succeded in getting rid of the "egg", and now I have about 10 centimeters of swollen gland. It looks like I have no jawline.

What should I do? Keep massaging? warm towels? what? I need to look pretty tonight

• avishai
    avishai

Go get it looked at, it might be dangerous (doubtful, but an abcess can kill you)

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

If it's not gone in a few days I'll have it checked. But I had the same egg about 10 years ago. My grammy and mum told me then that it would go away in itself, and it did in 3 days. So I am not "too" worried about it.

I am only really frustrated about it appearing today, instead of all days where it would not have bothered me

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I suggest getting it checked out if you do not know what it is, since there is the chance that it could be an abscess (I highly doubt it could be cancer, since cancer does not grow that quickly).

If you have had those things before, then you could get away with letting it resolve. There are a number of cleansing products out there that could remove the poisons from your body, and doing one or more could reduce the chances of getting this again (as well as other problems). However, right now the primary objective is to make sure this isn't dangerous. Natural remedies do help, but if you are in a crisis, there is no substitute for proper intervention. And, sometimes getting those things drained can stop you from a major problem immediately.

No forum can properly diagnose anything like this. Nor would I suggest relying solely on advice from here except if you already know what is causing the incident and that it will not become more dangerous. Of course, one exception to that would be not going out in field circus or to the boasting sessions. If you do not go out in the misery, you will at least avoid stress that can lead to significant worsening of any medical problem, as well as cause de novo problems.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

probably it is mumps (de bof) - since you are a woman, it is not dangerous.

• JH
    JH

Gee, that lump came all of a sudden.

I googled this:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Symptoms/messages/1349.html

• ronin1
    ronin1

I would go get it checked out immediately.

Go to a quick care center instead of the emergency room. You can get out seen quicker by an MD.

Do not diagnosis yourself. Dangerous move.

Ronin1

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I am not of real help, just wishing you to get well, soon.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It's Jehovah's adverse judgement because of your intention to celebrate this horrid pagan festival.

Seriously though, get it checked out, and I hope you're well soon.

W

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Oh my JH, that site does not make me feel easier about it.

Ronin (and other telling me to get it looked at). Here in Holland, right now, I can only call the emergency on-call docter, or the hospital. Since I can swallow and am not in pain, fever, or anything - they will tell me to wait till Christmas s over. It's not that I am not willing to call, it's just that I have had dealing with them other times .

After the massaging I got the same taste in my mouth as when the osteopathy man does that (can't really explain it). After massaging the lump got smaller, then after a while it got bigger again. I am guessing a clotted gland or an infected gland. But since I don't have a fever, I am not too worried. But I promise to go see a doc if it is the same in a few days

I figured out the woman thing (how do I manage to distract people from noticing) ... and added a very dashing scarf to my outfit and tied in by wrapping it once across the neck and a lower knot - thus having two long ends with fringe hanging loose. It was very becomming and expertly redirected attention. Lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit