Happy Anniversary, my sweetheart!

by onacruse 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Happy Anniversary!

• Robdar
    Robdar

I remember how tickled I was when you all tied the knot. I can't believe it's been five years already!

Congratulations to one of the finest couples I have the pleasure to know.

Much love,

Robyn

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey! Good on ya! You bleedin newly weds! Who got the best christmas gift? carmel

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Wow he remembered! I'm shocked! It was after all his idea to get married on a big holiday date just so he could remember!

Thanks everyone for your congrats and support of us all these years, you've helped make it very special for us too!

alt

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Ooooh, isn't that sweet. I know, I've already said congrats, but I have to say it again. Oh, and let me add a good luck to it too. You can't have too much of that.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Abandoned, please feel free to send money (cash only, please! LOL).

Like bikerchic said, you folks have been a mainstay for us, as we've been reconstructing our lives after the Borg.

However, I must say that it was her idea to get married on Xmas day, and it was her idea to get married in Vegas, and it was her idea to get me that fancy little Santa avatar that now adorns my posts.

Just like Eve...she has all these ideas, and I just fall for them all!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    ....she has all these ideas, and I just fall for them all!

Awe that's why I love you honey!

• yesidid
    yesidid

I had just started lurking on the board as your romance was blossoming

.......it was so exciting for all of us.

Congratulations and may you have many more years of love and fun together.

yesidid

• onacruse
    onacruse

yesidid, yeah, those are memorable times!

There are a couple of more pieces to the story that I'd like to repeat (hey, it's our Anniversary, and I have the right to boor y'all to tears, right? LOL):

1) When I chose my screen-name, I was thinking only "on-a-cruise through life." I was still, even though df'd, thinking much like a JW, and since I knew that my ex-wife (JW) would never remarry unless I gave her "grounds," and since I had no intention of doing such a thing, I figured that I'd be a bachelor for the rest of my life. So it was a surprise when bikerchic later told me that there were a lot of people that thought I meant "on-a-cruise for chicks." And here all that time I thought those folks that joined me in chat were just there because they liked to hear me spout on and on about WTS history, etc. roflmao

2) Late one night, when I was camped out in chat (as was my wont ), Little Toe and barry joined in, and we got to talking about 1 Corinthians 7, re: remarriage. Well, they pointed out some things to me that (surprise, surprise!) I'd never thought of, and thus fell the last barrier to me feeling free to further explore a relationship (with intent) with bikerchic.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

you only lover her cause she changes your Depends!

Congrats, (though belated)

~Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit