Favorite Fragrances???

by noni1974 35 Replies latest jw friends

• noni1974
    noni1974

What's yours??

I love Elizabeth Arden's Splendor.They stopped making it. I'm not sure when but I found a source online that I bought myself some from for Christmas.The today I was at a Marshels and I found a bottle of Splendor for $14.99.I usually spent $50.00 to $60.00 for it at Dillards.So since it's not being made anymore I bought it.Just because I love it that much if I ran out and couldn't find it anymore I would be upset.

When I got my order from the online source they had put a sample of another kind of perfume in the box.Called Exceptional.I fell in love with it.So I bought myself some of that for Christmas as well.I don't know who makes it but I love it.

I also had bought some Bora Bora by Liz Claiborne.I found that at Marshels as well a few months ago.I love Bora Bora also.

Then today I was at Marshels again and I found a new perfume that I like called Tommy Bahama.I fell in love with it as well.So I bought it for myself.I'm wearing it now and OMG do I smell good.

I also love Victoria Secrets Dream Angels Divine.I didn't buy any for Christmas this year but I did last year.I bought the biggest bottle they make of it last year.I still have half the bottle left so I don't need any just yet.

All of these are flowery girlie scents.I don't like spicy smells so I go for flowery and sweet smells. I also like clean smells.I love gift sets with the body lotion in it also so you can layer it.Most of the perfumes I bought this year came in gifts sets.

• BIG D
    BIG D

CLINIQUE.....HAPPY

Reminds me of an old girlfriend!!!!!!!

It is my favorite

big d

• juni
    juni

hi noni..

I used to wear a lot of flowery perfumes; now I have a hard time being around most perfume. Actually the only scent I will use now is Chanel #5 and only for special occassions. Otherwise, I use the fruity, fresh-scented lotions after a shower/bath. The other day while shopping I tested different perfumes on a cotton ball, but found I still can't tolerate most.

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

For a chic:Heaven by GAP

For me:I use:Armani Code/Mania,Mambo by Claiborne,Cerruti Image,Polo Blue,..it depends on where i'm headed,then when i wear it,i wear it properly(you can't smell it till your near),loud cologne is almost as bad as B.O..-KenShi

• noni1974
    noni1974

Chanel # 5? Really I've never smelled it but I assumed it's for older women.It's been around for a long long time.Before I was born I think.

Anyway I love those fruity smells also.I have those too.But if I was going out or on a date I would wear perfume not the fruity body sprays.

PS Juni I feel for you.My Mom would have asthma attacks when around sisters at the hall who wore perfume.Even just a timy bit would set her off.She has had to be taken out in an ambulance before because of it.My aunts also alergic to most perfumes.She wears hers on the hem of her skirt so she still can wear it just not up by her face and not more than one or two spritz's.I never was allowed to wear perfumes as a teen because of my Mom and my Aunt.I'm making up for that I guess.I don't wear it on a daily basis just when the mood strikes or when I'm going out on a date or hoping to get some.

• juni
    juni

just giggling at your words.... about the age thingy... take a look at my age <

I don't think Chanel # 5 is for "old" ladies like ... some of the real "heavy" perfumes. I forget the "notes" of it. I'd have to Google it.

Yeah, don't know why a lot of perfumes make me feel sort of sick now cause I used to be a big user of them. I don't get asthma attacks; that would be a real problem. I feel for those who do.

• noni1974
    noni1974

Oopps I didn't look at your age before I posted before.I thought you were around my age.

Next time I go to a mall I'll make a point of smelling Chanel #5.

I smell some perfumes and I almost retch because they are so heavy.I almost feel like I'm not getting enough air when I smell some perfumes.That's why I like the flowery smells.They don't do that to me.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

For Women: Victoria's Secret ~ Pink For Men: Azzaro ~ Chrome

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Not big on perfume.

I love the smell of lotus flower oil though. Very beautiful.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I'm picky - I usually just like shower gel. Favorites are Bath and Body Works - Brown Sugar and Fig or anything with Vanilla.

I like Victoria's Secret - Love Spell.

I don't like anything too heavy or too flowery.

New favorite:

Vera Wang - Princess

Men: Vera Wang - A Spice of Heaven or nothing at all, usually I prefer nothing at all

I love candles though - vanilla, cinnamon, some kind of spice. I really don't usually like fruity or flowery scents except lavender, which I adore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit