sept 11 brings out JW blood-lust

by rcranor 15 Replies latest jw friends

• rhett
    rhett

Pureheart,
    Just because other religions have problems also doesn't mean that the WT is the best. I couldn't care less if other religions have problems, I was born and raised a JW also along side my entirely JW family. There is no way I could possibly go along, and especially trying to recruit new members, with an organization that would be willing to let my child die by refusing blood transfusion. Don't you feel the least bit hypocritical studying with other people to get them to believe something that you don't completely believe in yourself? Other religions have problems and so do the JW's. Look at it this way using your own logic, Jehovah's Witnesses could be rapists and other religions could kill the people after they rape them but that doesn't diminish the fact that JW's are still rapists.
    Why do people feel this need to belong to a religion? They don't have to. Believe it or not there is happiness outside of religion folks.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• NewYork4
    NewYork4

I am surprised anyone would think that someone, namely JW's would rejoice over the trajedy that happened on Sept. 11th. Maybe some of you have distorted views because you do not live in the city where it all happened. Well let me enlighten you, first of all you should know that the WTC is located near the main headquarter of JW's the Watchtower Society. When the disaster hit many people had no transportation and no where to go. The Watchtower Society opened their doors to anyone in need, many helpless victims were able to seek safety, shelter and food at the Watchtower home. Many expressed the love that was shown to all during such as terrible time. Also immediately a crew was sent down to Ground Zero to offer comfort and support to anyone in need. In fact, as one person reported, the other religious organizations came to take pictures and ask questions or just to see the mess left behind, but the Jehovah's Witnesses talked to people and comforted them with Bible verses that made a lot of us feel so much better. I can personally attest to the many Witnesses that cried bitterly for those who lost their lives so innocently. No one is rejoicing over this situation, but those who know the truth, know that these are the wicked times we live in. Our only hope lies in God's Kingdom.....like it or not.

So before you post information, get the facts, the real facts not the facts that make Witnesses look bad. Because when it comes down to it all they seek peace not war.

• rhett
    rhett

I don't really think that the person who posted this topic was talking about the HQ of JW's. They are were talking about the majority of the wackos elsewhere who were oh so happy about this event because to them it means that armageddon and even more death are just around the corner.
    So, they cried when they saw the devastation, that just means they're closer to having normal emotions than we previously thought.
    JW's were not the only religion out there that was offering their warped version of support. I believe that the church of Scientology was down there doing the same. I know that they even had their number flashing across the screen on the Fox News offering their warped support. I sincerely doubt that many people here would have kind things to say about them either.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• larc
    larc

NewYork4,

RedHorseWoman was talking about WOL, Witness on Line. You can't post there unless you are a Witness, although others can lurk there. I read some of their posts and can cooberate what RHW said. I remember two of them using the term, "sad but exciting" to describe the tragedy. Before you attack us, you should read what your fellow brothers and sisters are saying on WOL.

• JWD
    JWD

I was just at Columbia Heights two weeks ago and asked about the
    orgs. response to the WTT tragedy. I didn`t get the kind of response which I would call `compassionate` in the light of the scale
    of the tragedy. Certainly, no one was jumping up and down for joy at
    the loss of life, but from the little I saw, the orgs. was wasting
    very few of their resources to help out.
    Here in Japan we experienced a tradegy of similar proportions in
    1995 when the earthquake hit Kobe. I was there on the ground helping
    people. The WT ,however, made a name for itself as an organization
    which helps it`s members and not the non-JWs around them.They didn`t
    create a very good image for themselves. Two weeks ago, while visiting
    Bethel in NY, I asked about that and the response I got was,`We`re
    not a very large organization and don`t have that many resources to
    expend on relief work`. Odd... there certainly seems to be plenty of
    money when it comes to buying up real estate for the organization...

• nelly136

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit