My recent experience at the KH

by oneairhead 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

Just thought I would share my recent experience at the kingdumb hall with all of you. While sitting there during the meeting I thought to myself "wow not many here today." (I haven't been to a meeting in about a year.) I thought

well maybe people are away on vacation. Anyways after the meeting was over and I was about to go out the door I heard one of the elders in the hall comment "man where did everybody come from today." Inferring that meeting

attendance was good. Another elder agreed with him "yeah nice to see." I didn't look at the numbers on the board but I bet there were only 60 people there and this was the morning meeting. Interesting isn't it with the total

numbers in the US being up 1%. Another interesting observation was that no one lovebombed me either.

One

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks for sharing your experience. I could understand the different point of view you had from
    the elders. They see it every week, dwindling numbers are the norm.

I don't understand why there was no lovebombing for ya. Perhaps, the JW's are tired of the whole
    thing, perhaps there was even less regulars than normal (as the elders seemed to indicate) and
    there were so many new ones to meet.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

oh that just reminded me about something that I've been meaning to do

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

Don't keep us in suspence what was it you had to do?

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

oh ha ha ha order a pizza and have it sent to my uncle's Kindumb hell in his name ha ha ha

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I think that was the elders' idea of lovebombing you. Saying in range of your ears that extras were in attendance and that it was nice to see, hmm, sounds kinda setup.

Alert !

Danger !

Beware of potential shepherding call !!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I agree with Billy, that was a set-up for love bombing. "It sure is nice to see so many here today." That is code words for, "I expect to see you again at the next meeting."

Think of it this way, the US totals are up a whopping 1%. That was you today! In a Kingdom Hall of 60 people, you almost caused almost a 2% growth! NOW STOP IT!

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

Yeah, that is probably right. Anyhow my wife is at the bookstudy right now. I begged off, although I am sure she was wondering if I would go. It is hard giving them hope like that but it sure makes it easier when we go over to folks

homes. One other thing I noticed was that a couple of witness nazi sisters would not even acknowledge me which was interesting. I have heard that a newer bro. in the hall is experiencing some "abuse" from a co-worker. He is

bringing in a lot of stuff from the net and trying to show it to him. They have gotten into some heated conversations. Maybe something will develope.

One

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope that this decline continues. Going from having 60 being very poor attendance to having it being above normal within a year is a good sign, and I hope it gets so bad that they have to fold the congregation within the next 6 months or so. Have fun dodging the hounders.

I don't know how my former congregation is. When I left them, it was stable with meetings averaging around 100. While I would like to find out whether the numbers are starting to move south or not, it is not worth the risk of getting recaptured. And I don't want to do anything that would make it possible for them to hound me without wasting a lot of time and gas doing so.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

i went a few times this summer and noticed the SAME THING!!!!many empty seats,and the speakers would always exclaim and go on about how full the hall was..hell,ive seen more people at an April Wine concert!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit