Do JWs still believe the WT version of the 144000?

by nicolaou 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

Ranchette said it....

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Bumped for Vanderhoven . . .
  • smiddy
    smiddy

nicolaou ,

This thread should be good for thinking lurkers / newbies to ponder also

Some of these older threads are really worth re-visiting aren't they.

smiddy

• prologos
    prologos

it is truly presumptuous to think that of the 2,2 billion believers in Christ today, and corresponding numbers in the past,-- 8000+ Jws believe they are the only chosen ones for the heavenly remnant of the total 144 000 since Pentecost.

Chosen on the basis of believing in current wt doctrine. the overlapping generation.

You don't believe in the overlap, you will not rule with Christ. yeah.

• Simon
    Simon
    Bumped for Vanderhoven

Whaaaaaat ?

"Oh, I remember that thread I started FOURTEEN YEARS AGO !"

LOL

• prologos
    prologos

the problem is not that there could not conceivably be 144 000 special positions, after all, the apostles and ladies fought over only 2, on each side of the Christ. the problem is, that

wt teaches that this small number is of the only ones that are sealed, saved, in the new covenant, the kingdom covenant, mediated by Jesus, with "sins " already forgiven by ransom-----. and then the only ones that really count with the jws are the 7, ~ 1/20 000 of the total. did Jackson say presumptuous?

• WireRider
    WireRider

I am truly shocked at the ignorance and lies. NO JW or WT will ever be part of the 144,000, Ever.

It has nothing to do with 1935, or any such "queue" to be filled.

It has NEVER been "symbolic" in any form or nature AT ALL. It is spelled out. NO JW - NO WT.

Few thing's are ever spelled out so specifically in the Bible as the 144. It very specifically says 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of ISRAEL. Period. Period.

Show of hands - how many JW/WT are Jewish, decendants of the 12 tribes of Israel, or follow the faith of Israel?

How can someone follow the worlds of the Bible to such extremes, and oddly force people into vague interpretations, flat out refuse very specifically spelled out "12,000 from each of the tribes of Israel?"

In the book of Revelations, and in many places, has VERY specific orders for the JW/WT. The false prophets shall be cast into the lake of fire. The false prophets must die. A false prophet is biblically describe as those that claim to speak for God, or in the name of God, and those things do not come to pass - those false prophets must die.

The JW/WT is the false prophet of Revelations and has lied lied lied about the end of the world so many fake times. Every one was a money making fundraising drive. Rutherford needed a new mansion in CA. They still do it. I think we can agree how Jesus felt about money changes earning profits in "my house" in Jerusalem. The WT is nothing more than the money changers - the ambulance chasers - following and exploiting religion for profit.

There will NEVER be a JW/WT in the 144 unless they are Jewish or descendants of Israel.

• WireRider
    WireRider

Revelation:

Of the sons of Israel:

Twelve thousand out of the tribe of Judah.

Twelve thousand out of the tribe of Reuben

Twelve thousand out of the tribe of Gad

Twelve thousand out of the tribe of Asher

Twelve thousand out of the tribe of Naph'tali

Twelve thousand out of the tribe of Manas'seh

Twelve thousand out of the tribe of Simeon

Twelve thousand out of the tribe of Levi

Twelve thousand out of the tribe of Is'sachatt

Twelve thousand out of the tribe of Zeb'ulun

Twelve thousand out of the tribe of Joseph

Twelve thousand out of the tribe of Benjamin

SOMEONE please tell me why that is not specific. EHHH, it's symbolic. NO. It is very specific. NO JW/WT.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Bumped for Vanderhoven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit