JW Grinch e-mail poem I recieved and my reply

by moomanchu 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

EXCELLENT!

A Christmas Poem This is a poem a Witness student wrote for an extra credit assignment this week at school. The teacher said she had to write a poem based on an historical event, and put it to a Christmas tune. She asked if she could modify the assignment by just writing a poem on the origin of Christmas and if true Christians should celebrate it. She is very talented. Enjoy!

Christmas Poem By: Monit Phillips Christmas time for many is the best time of the year. A time to bond with family for gift giving and cheer. But if you did some research of how it originated, you'd ask yourself, "Is it proper for true Christians to celebrate it?" You can ask any Christian,
    anyone on the Earth What December 25 th is and they'll say, "Christ Jesus' birth". Was Jesus really born in December? According to the Bible, he wasn't. Does Christmas come from true Christians? No, it surely doesn't. The Jewish month of Chislev or our November/December, was not pleasant in Bethlehem . It had cold and rainy weather. The Bible writer Ezra confirmed that when cold Chislev came, people were "shivering on account of the showers of rain". (Ezra 10:9, 13) Jeremiah also wrote
    that when this month arrived,
    people said it was so cold you couldn't "stand outside"! (Jeremiah 36:22)
    So if he was born in December and conditions were so poor, why would shepherds on this night be "living out of doors"? (Luke 2:8-12) Well where does Christmas come from? I surely have to tell 'ya. It's from an ancient festival whose name was Saturnalia. During this pagan party, people exchanged gifts. Its date was very familiar. December 25 th . This date was someone's birthday: Tammuz was his name. It was a festival that would
    give all of us great shame. They used the tall green Christmas tree
    and wreaths were all around to represent phallus as researchers have found. The mistletoe had powers
    they put it into use it was to promote fertility, the first step to reproduce! The ornaments you've come to know they made their use of these Except for round glass globes they used human heads on trees! If this were Christ's true birthday and he was really for it wouldn't he tell us to do it? Wouldn't he support it? So think about this info and read the Bible through then take a moment and ask yourself: "What would Jesus do?"

What if you celebrate it December 24 or November 25 or October 25 ?? No one knows what day Jesus was born and it doesn't matter who cares so pick a day any day. Whatever day you pick I'll bet I can go back through history and find something wrong with it. Like my mom always says don't look to the past (She says only go back 10 - 15 years in the watchtowers) look ahead. Yeah, Jesus never commanded us to do it, so what! He didn't command us to do a lot of things, that doesn't mean you don't do them. Actually that's kind of funny when you think about it. Imagine someone commanding you to celebrate their birthday or anniversary. Kind of would lose the genuineness of it ya think ??? The anniversary of my wedding is on the 21 who cares!! Sometimes we wait till the weekend or go before the weekend to go out to eat and celebrate. I just thought of something our anniversary is on the winter solstice the longest night of the year OHHHHH NOOOO when we celebrate it our celebration is coinciding with pagan celebrations of the rebirth of the sun AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What to do what to do what to do what to do. I don't understand why JW's are so hung up on this Christmas thing. I think it's because they can't stand to see "worldly" people enjoying themselves, maybe? WHATEVER !!!!!!

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I have a poem by Don Ymus(sp).................Santa says...." Ho...HO...HO"

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I just love how JW's (my past self included) just love to look back on history, but yet do not take into account what the BIBLE itself has to say on the subject. Now, I don't know chapter and versuses, but don't Jesus himself state something about "not keeping people from gatherings and festivities?" Also, in the Gospel, isn't there an account that states that the very angels themselves REJOICED when Christ Jesus was born? Surely, if the angels where rejoicing and celebrating such a momentous occassion, than how can we be wrong to observe it as well?

As for "not touching the disgusting thing," as in using Celtic symbols (Trees, wreathes, lights, etc.) to observe Jesus' birth, the WatchTower itself has answered that with their own QFR a while back concerning Pinatas. It stated that using something that was once pagan to observe something now is ok due to the pagan origins no longer being in memory, etc.

Talk about picking everything apart, straining the gnat, etc.

Regards,

Wing Commander

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

"she says go back nly 10 - 15 years in the watchtower"

ROFL!!!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

If you think it is worthy, email them this hasty response of mine!

Christmas time for Witnesses
    is the worst time of them all
    While others bond with family
    they are forced to make chilly back calls.
    But if you did some research
    of how it originated,
    you'd ask yourself, "Why is it
    that Witnesses don't celebrate it?"

Go ask any who is Christian
    anyone Christ's debtor
    What Paul wrote to the Romans
    They'll say "One man considers a day better
    than another day in the calendar is
    Another treats every day alike,
    even if some are held sacred by another,
    convinced do as you feel like.
    Just don't stumble your brother" (Romans 14:5-8)

The Jewish month of Chislev
    or our modern months of November/December,
    was the festival of Hanukkah
    and celebrate in the Temple would every member!
    The Gospel writer John confirmed
    that when the 25th of Chislev came
    Christ strolled through Temple
    the Menorah set aflame! (John 10:22-23)
    When we celebrate this day
    every year again
    we are reminded of the birth of our Savior
    The Light of our earthly domain!

Why does the Watchtower say no to Christmas?
    I surely have to tell you
    Its because they deny Christ,
    and your intellect subdue.
    They do so in more than this,
    in matters many and wide-ranging.
    They heap up rules aplenty
    truth for a lie exchanging!

They tell you how you have to think
    and then pervert the Bible.
    They punish you if you dare disagree,
    with dishonest, underhanded libel!
    They make you go from door to door
    handing out those tracts.
    They accuse others of pedophilia,
    while hiding theirs behind your backs!

As the rest of us celebrate Christ's birthday,
    we often think of you.
    We wonder when you will Awake!
    And rejoice on the holy day with us too!
    When you mock us with with your half-true poetry,
    we wonder, "What would Jesus do?".

Burn

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

The rhyme:

But if you did some research of how it originated, you'd ask yourself, "Is it proper for true Christians to celebrate it?"

...is rather good.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Eh, its pretty poor.

I just wrote something quick.

It was fun.

Burn

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Question Mark 3......................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• Gayle
    Gayle

Now that JWs like to discuss the date of Christmas, maybe we should make a poem about '607'

• Wordly Andre

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit