Angelic Gender?

by nicolaou 14 Replies latest jw friends

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

6o9 - I was just giving my little one a bath & dwelling on your post (ergo my name lol) and it dawned on me the point you were making (I think ).

I am not a bible scholar (i just play one on t.v.). If you are saying that those who wrote the bible only used the male gender - I ask how do we know this for sure? I haven't read the scrolls/original writings all "translations" were taken from. How do you know that female genders weren't originally in the bible, and changed to male genders to effect the teachings of the particular translators/politics etc.?

And S.C. - where's "the mother" in Genesis? Adam was created in God's image & eve was made as an after thought, as a companion to him (at least that's what my bible says).

• patio34
    patio34

Here's a thought. Joseph Campbell (the Power of Myth, etc.) states that the religions in the Fertile Crescent area (the Tigris & Euphrates area?) before the Hebrews were goddess-based. They were farming people and stable. They tended to be peaceful.

The herder-type (Hebrews) people were constantly on the move and encountering people more aggressively. The Hebrews were the first to get rid of all goddess worship and have one god, Yahweh, who was a 'manly god of war.' And, as any Bible reader knows, they warred a lot.

SO, the Hebrew writing is ALL male-based and that may be the reason for all the male angels.

By the way, many think a lot of the New Testament reflects the religion of Mithras. This religion was a males-only religion for Roman soldiers. Hence, sayings like 'carry on warfare,'put on the complete suit of armor,' etc.

And that's the way it might have been . . .

Pat

• Xena
    Xena

Just a side thought...I know when I was a JW and the subject of demons came up you always heard about women being bothered by the demons in a sexual way...never the men...was this because they have it in their heads that the demons are men? lol or are women better at coming up for excuses for masterbating? uuummm it wasn't me brother so and so it was a demon!

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace... and may you all read:

Genesis 3:15
    Galatians 4:26
    Isaiah 54:11-15
    Revelation 12:1, 2, 5, 17

May you 'hear' what the spirit says and 'get the sense of it': just as Abraham had two wives... one 'free' and one a 'slave'... so, too, my Father, the Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, whose name IS... JAH OF ARMIES... has two wives: the spirit realm (Jerusalem Above; Sarah)... which is 'free' and whose children are 'free'... and the physical realm (Earth; Hagar), which is a slave... and whose children are slaves.

It is from the womb of His 'free' wife... Jerusalem Above... that all creation was brought forth. Indeed, Adam was made in the image of my Father... and Eve... who "had to BECOME the mother of everyone LIVING" (for the seed that was 'thrown' down from the BARREN woman, was supplanted in the womb of Eve, from who sprang Seth...)... was made FROM Adam... in the image of the 'woman'.

Can a man create another man by himself? Can a woman create a man by herself? Although woman came from man... is not man... 'born of a woman'? "For just as the woman is out of man.. so also the man... IS THROUGH THE WOMAN."

And where did the 'woman' come from? Indeed, ALL THINGS... are out of God.

1 Corinthians 11:12

Another question: why do ALL human fetuses... start out female? Points to ponder, dear ones...

I, myself, have spoken it to you, just as I have heard... and
    'received' it from my Lord, the Son of God, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, by means of holy spirit. May you... have ears to 'hear' what the Spirit says.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Nicolaou,

thanks for the interesting topic.

It raises many questions...and some will remain

without answer.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".