Angelic Gender?

by nicolaou 14 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Funny how a strange thought can just 'pop' into your head.

According to Genesis, a preface to the Flood was the intercourse that took place between materialised angels and human women (Gen 6:2)

If the angels have no gender, why were not at least some of them tempted by human men and so materialise as women?

Just a thought.....

Nic'

http://www.do-not-call.org

• Seeker
    Seeker

Every angel I've seen has been female...

• Hojon
    Hojon

Gender bias. The bible was written by people that felt that women were property and not as smart as men so therefor no angel would ever be a woman.

Or because it didn't really happen. ;)

• larc
    larc

Nic,

I have wondered that many times myself. Just hard to understand all the myths, oops, I mean stories, oops, I mean scriptural truths.

I also wonder why they would want to come down here for sex in the first place. I thought the pleasures of heaven were so wonderful and sublime, that our miniscule pleasures would mean nothing to them. Makes me go hmmmm.

Another thing I've wondered. Why did God shorten man's life so much, but let the spirit critters lives go on for thousands of years longer. As I understand it, they are still around having fun making mischief with Satan. This doesn't seem fair to me.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

You know, I never even thought of that!!! In fact all angels are considered "male" throughout the bible aren't they?

Hmmmmm....interesting theory behind religion/political powers keeping their people (especially women) in check when translating the bible - makes you wonder how much more was simply translated to keep ones own agenda.

• Mum
    Mum

The angels were women in drag.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    makes you wonder how much more was simply translated to keep ones own agenda.

PettyGrudger, I have to ask for a freakin' break here. Translated????????? How about "written"?

I can think of one instance were "translated" was used to further ones own agenda. See above.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Ok - I'm confused. I wasn't implying anything by using "translated", perhaps I should have put it in parenthasis? Most bibles are considered "translated" are they not? My point was that most bibles were "translated" by males in a particular political/religious frame of mind.

So, I'll give ya a break I guess - where would you like it?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Nic... peace to you... and may I ask:

1. Who said angels had no 'gender'? Does not the Father have 'gender' by reason of BEING a 'father'... vs. a 'mother'?

2. Who said ALL the angels came down and took daughters of men, as opposed to the fact that SOME didn't... and perhaps some of those WEREN'T "male"?

3. God... and someone else... made 'earthling' man (adham) in THEIR 'image'. "Male AND female"... He made them. Whose 'image' then was Eve made in? If no female existed/exists, why then wasn't Adam simply given another male 'adham'... rather than a female adham? Where did the "femaleness" of Eve 'originate' from? Sure, Adam lost a rib; did he also "lose" a womb?

4. Truly, with regard to spiritual things... and beings... is there TRULY no mention of a 'woman'? Truly? Hmmmmm...

("Earthling man"... give us a LITTLE information and we form all KINDS of "conclusions" with it...)

Peace to you, Nic. Truly.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Adam was created in God's image - when God saw how lonely he was, he made a companion for him - a woman. What scripture says Eve was made in "their image"?

*Who's the "mother"? And why isn't her role discussed in re; God and the creation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit