Population BOOM!

by nicolaou 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

The concept of God intervening like that is just crazy. Why did God not simply create beings in the spirit realm like angels rather than build advanced animals in the physical world and then have to step in every 5 mins when intervention is required?

• blondie
    blondie

I hope a solution comes sooner than that, Mike. I'm all for the direct execution by God through angels, like the 185,000 Syrian soldiers. No middle man. (Of course, that is if you believe in God. Agnostics/atheists will have to come up with a different solution.) Getting rid of all JWs, will not get rid of all pedophiles.

• mike
    mike
    Getting rid of all JWs, will not get rid of all pedophiles.

Actually blondie that's not what I meant. You said in your previous post that procreative powers may be halted, therefore no children.

No children, no pedophiles.

Crappy solution and of course not one that I give a shred of credence to.

mike

"Doubt is not a pleasant mental state but certainty is a ridiculous one." --Voltaire

• patio34
    patio34

Well, the answer may be the one religionists can all fall back on: there will be miracles.

Thenceforth, all rationale can be suspended because of the miracles. No need for explanation.

That seems pretty much how the creation, flood, sun standing still, etc., etc., are explained.

So, it's all moot, according to the religionists.

Of course, it becomes unexplainable if you try to apply reason to it.

My 2 cents,
    Pat

• Judith
    Judith

I asked the question of over-population 28 years ago when I first started studying and was told that there would be no sex for the resurrected ones - so no children would be born to them. And there would be children born to those who came through the big A and then no more children once the world was full. Then sex would be done away with.

I wondered how the resurrected ones would feel about not having sex while the ones who made it thru were doing their thing. But I dismissed it after being told that Jah would take care of everything.

I just kept studying because I thought things would become clear and I would stop thinking about what didn't make sense. Sure and it happened as the brainwashing continued.

Good to be enlightened and away from the UNtruth.

• ballistic
    ballistic

The average JDUB having suffered years of enforced sexual suppresion and often suffering from sexual guilt complexes and sexual immaturity is probably wishing for the day when they can forget about sex forever.
    God what a mixed up twisted religion.

• montag
    montag

I've really struggled with this.

I was raised in the 'truth' and took it all to heart while growing up. I was quite a serious kid and even in my teens and twenties I would NEVER have thought of having sex while still single and distressing Jehovah so!

I can hear some of you thinking, "What was wrong with him?"

Well I don't know, but whatever it was it's haunting me still.
    Life as a Jehovah's Witness really screwed me sexually. I'm out of the org now but still wearing those shackles.

This really sucks!

montag

• ballistic
    ballistic

There's nothing wrong with you. I also took the truth very seriously as did most people here, in fact, we have here some of the best talent from the organisation.
    However, handling the outside world and your new found freedom is a tricky one, different people go through different feelings and situations. Some people go off the scale and become nyphomaniacs.

Me personally, I set about having as many sexual partners as possible after my disfellowshipping because until then, I had been married in the truth and it was her that was sleeping around.
    I managed 2 in the first week.

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Montag...you have a lot of company. Many ex-dubs are so repressed sexually that it is like driving a Porche 10 mph over speed bumps. Some jump to the opposite extreme when they leave and chase the opposite sex and have sex until they have made up for their lost time, others repress their sexual needs even more. Perhaps the smarter approach would be to get therapy to both work out the emotional damage done by the Borg and to learn how to safely and sanely deal with your natural sexual instincts.

Sex is an important part of your life...too bad it didn't come packaged like chewing gum.

Skipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit