Remember - Awake 1984 Micheal Jackson says "sorry" for making Thriller.

by Witness 007 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I never met Michael, but my grandparents knew his parents a bit - same congregation. Mom Jackson seemed pretty down to Earth. But I heard there were cautions about not being overawed by celebrity and attending the congregation meetings you were assigned to. I also heard the rumors of special service, though he also supposedly wore disguises out in FS.

Neverland is not in current jeopardy. The note was purchased by Colony Capital. The same company owns the Las Vegas Hilton; Jackson currently resides in Vegas; "leading to speculation that MJ and the Family may be launching a comeback on the 40th anniversary of Elvis Presley's historic comeback in 1969 at the Hilton." (LA Times)

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sorry he died...King of Pop.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Michael Jackson 1958 - 2009

• oompa
    oompa

g845/22pp.19-20What About Music Videos?

"I Would Never Do It Again!"

In another popular video, Thriller, the performer is seen to transform first into a "cat person," then a dancing "monster." Evidently not wanting viewers to conclude that it promoted spiritism, the film begins with the disclaimer: "Due to my strong personal convictions, I wish to stress that this film in no way endorses a belief in the occult.—Michael Jackson." Nevertheless, it was so realistic that some who saw it admitted that they were horrified at first. What was this short film intended to convey? And how does the performer, Michael Jackson, feel about it in looking back?

"I would never do it again!" says Jackson. "I just intended to do a good, fun short film, not to purposely bring to the screen something to scare people or to do anything bad. I want to do what’s right. I would never do anything like that again." Why not? "Because a lot of people were offended by it," explains Jackson. "That makes me feel bad. I don’t want them to feel that way. I realize now that it wasn’t a good idea. I’ll never do a video like that again!" He continues: "In fact, I have blocked further distribution of the film over which I have control, including its release in some other countries. There’s all kinds of promotional stuff being proposed on Thriller. But I tell them, ‘No, no, no. I don’t want to do anything on Thriller. No more Thriller"

WOW it even got its own heading.....i never knew about this...i was a slack reader..........oompa

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Thanks Oompa "I would never do it again"...... Amazing that the brothers use Jehovah's magazine to publish Jacksons "confession"????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit