Remember - Awake 1984 Micheal Jackson says "sorry" for making Thriller.

by Witness 007 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Young people Ask; Music Video's? Article {Awake 1984 5/22 P.18}...Jackson says sorry about making the "Thriller" video, that he would never do it again and has ceased reproduction of the video. Have you seen a copy of it lately??? The Elders must have kicked his but good...but qouting him in Awake seems a bit weird.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I remember that vividly. There must be some copies floating around (esp on the internet) as it is the rage for entire bridal parties to practice it and do it at the wedding reception. It's pretty cool.

• brinjen
    brinjen

'Rage' (tv music show in Oz) still play the entire video quite often. Guest programers pick it the most often.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Jackson says sorry about making the "Thriller" video, that he would never do it again and has ceased reproduction of the video. Have you seen a copy of it lately???

Actually yes, I have seen it lately. I've got a personal copy of the Sony DVD with MJ's number one videos ... that was a great video!

Pity, why should he have to apologize? Weren't his contributions big enough?

• steve2
    steve2

Pity that the Gloved One saw fit to apologize about the video but not some of his seriously unhelpful publically expressed views on sleepovers with young boys. Innocent or not, surely he realized that his views could be misinterpreted, yet he stuck by them no matter how inappropriate they would seem to others.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

As I see it, Michael Jackson has nothing to apologize for in his music and videos. It might be true that some of the stunts he did in commercials were dangerous, but the risk of getting killed or seriously hurt is punishment enough, and then some. His music is among the best all-time, particularly the album Thriller. I have virtually the whole album ripped in my computer (as well as cuts off Bad and Off the Wall). And I like his works back in the Jackson Five days.

When he came out with Invincible, I was somewhat disappointed but not surprised. His reputation had been tarnished with the sexual abuse charges, and I doubt he is ever going to put out another album. That album only sold 2 million copies (well short of Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, and HIStory) and was off the mark of quality of his other works. But, it is still competent as music goes, with today's wimpy releases.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

What happened to "Judicial Confidentiality" ?

Some of the comments should not have been made public in that rag. I thought so even at the time.

Yet in Denmark(?) a young man who reported his molester to the police was DF, and the elders said that Judicial Confidentiality was the reason they could not tell him why he was DF.

See www.silentlambs.org for the details.

HB

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Some of the comments should not have been made public in that rag. I thought so even at the time.

Yet in Denmark(?) a young man who reported his molester to the police was DF, and the elders said that Judicial Confidentiality was the reason they could not tell him why he was DF.

Evidently, they can only make things like that public when it fits their needs. Protecting pedophiles helps protect the illusion of cleanliness within the organization. However, when the "offense" is to create something of value, there is nothing for the Tower to lose by blabbing it around to the public. I guess the Watchtower Society would rather have more molested children than have a few more excellent music albums and videos.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Now the new Re-dux 25th year Thriller album is out!...I guess he wasn't so sorry after all....he needs $$$$$ to save Neverland!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Weren't there JW urban legends about the special treatment for the Jacksons (stuff like special seating at the Kingdom Hall, attendants to warn curious visitors from other congs away from him, special "service" arrangments like letter writing, etc. to avoid the regular door to door stuff, etc.)?

IIRC, when I was around way back when, they were probably more glad to have a "famous person" as a witness than they were put out by the thriller.

The young boys? Pretty much par for the course, I would say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit