What gave you the courage to say no more

by ILikeToThink 30 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

Ok, Lonelythinker, I want to help. I am glad you are smart enough to as some of us questions, and WELCOME! but I hope you will not be here long....you should not have to, only giving up 4 years of your life to someone who may be gay. Even us JW guys can not hold out THAT long!

As far as why to let go, start with the most basic fact. WE JW's really do have our OWN Bible. That's right, you will not be able to find another bible that uses the name Jehovah in the New Testament, or Greek Scriptures. Why? Because as our green Insight book admits under the heading Jehovah, there is not a single ancient Christian Greek manuscript IN THE WORLD that has the name in it. So why do we? Because we want it there very very badly. That's right, we dragged the Jewish God Jehovah kicking and screaming right into Christianity....because we wanted him there.

Of course get ready for what they and our Appendix 1-d in our Reference Bible will say, that we have quoted the name Jehovah when it is quoted from the Old Testament, or Hebrew Scriptures. That sound logical, when the apostles or Jesus were reading the OT they and came across the name Jehovah, they may have read it, of we say they WOULD have read it. That is not true, because Jewish superstition was so great, they may have been in trouble if they did say it. It really does not matter, because the real kicker is that Appendix 1-d is not telling the truth. There are DOZENS of places in our Bible where the name Jehovah is not quoted in the OT, and yet, whaddaya know there it is. The easiest thing to do is just as, why every single time the name Jehovah is used in Revelation, it has not been quoted from the OT or Hebrew scriptures. Since we are studying the Rev. Climax book, (you will get back to someone helping you with those soon enough!), this is the perfect question to ask......Then you can just say, "WTF? You CHANGED the Bible just so you could read the name Jehovah 237 more times?????? Thanks for telling me when I started studying you AHOLE!"..

I had tons of courts for too many years, but when I figured this out, and confirmed it by writing Brooklyn, I knew deep down that if these guys were willing to print a fake bible, then there was no limit to what they could do...................................good luck, get laid.....oompa

ps..if you need any more info on our fraudulent Bible, just pm me....I have a ton and by the way, it took me over forty years to take a stand, I was born in....the fourth generation....we are a lot like mormans that way

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Mega dittos Missing Link.

I decided enough is enough when my wife got pregnant. I could not bear the thought of my child going through that cult.

Florida here too BTW. Born and raised in Miami. Going there tommorrow.

Oh anf welcome to the board, iliketothink. You'll find here that you are not so alone in thinking. ;-)

Burn

• anewme
    anewme

Sounds like you have some brains kiddo!

• Faithful-n-Discreet Wife
    Faithful-n-Discreet Wife

Read my 1st post to see what i've gone through....you'll see that i've lived your life in fast forward....now i'm separated from my jw husband. but i am a baptized witness.....i regret all that i've done. please don't make the mistake i did. he will put the organization before from now for always!!!!!....i am sure you do love him and what you guys have is real to you....but please don't lack the confidence i did..separate from him for a period of time...the truth will really come out. Please stay on here for support you will need it!!!!

FND

• Bryan
    Bryan

My exit was totally different. I just gave up and walked the earth waiting for Jah to deal me a grueling death. Took me 5 years to deprogram (born into it) and realize God wants me to be happy! What an odd thought. I thought he wanted me to fear him, and realize I'm never good enough.

If I were in your shoes, I believe the thought of my children turning their back on me because I was out, would help my exit.

Welcome,

Bryan

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I would cut my losses and find a non-jw with good qualities. They're out there. Find one that matches your goals, spirituality, etc.

LISTEN TO BLONDIE!

Warlock

• ILikeToThink
    ILikeToThink

WOW! Thanks for all the support, I really didn't expect this much. To put everyone's mind at ease, don't worry, I plan to run. I love myself and future children too much not to. The thought of raising children in this organization, ugh! no way! I was raised by parents who loved me unconditionally and I plan to do the same with my children. I can't imagine my parents ever shunning me and I would never do that to my children. It's just dropping the bomb and sticking to it that I'm having trouble with. I know my heart will be broken. I somehow have to find the courage to do it. but thanks for all the support and advice. It really helps!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Boy, you are one bright lady! I am also impressed that you've seen through your own self-deception and that of your boyfriend. I won't repeat what others have said, you've figured out on your own that the Witness life is not for you.

So, let's concentrate on how you tell your boyfriend and your study leader.

Since there are no consequences other than the loss of your boyfriend, really, I see no need to fade. Make a clean break. Maybe make a practice run with your study leader. Consider what they might say and what your reply would be. Write it down and practice in front of the mirror if it will help. You are wonderfully articulate and clear-headed; I am sure you will be able to provide clear, sharp answers for them. Watch out for the cotton-wool reasoning!

Here are a few reasons to stay that they might try on you:

• But you know it is the truth!
    • You have studied the materials all these years, do you really want to throw it all away?
    • Where else will you go?
    • But the end is so close. Are you willing to risk your life for what you believe?
    • You think you are so smart. What makes you think you are wiser than Jehovah?

Have some chocolate, wine, and bubble bath handy for the day after.

Then, I recommend you get back on the dating scene as soon as possible. My hunch is that your boyfriend will not give up his delusion that you will "come to your senses" until you show off a replacement.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Tell them you will only study the material published in the finished mystery (original edition) so that you can see the frood that was being dispensed to the witness that shows they were the one true religions who were picked to be in charge of all of the masters things. Maybe once he gets an eyebul of that material something will actually wake him up. Sorry, if that doesn't do it, tell him adios.

• flipper
    flipper

I LIKE TO THINK- You are setting yourself up for a lonely lifetime of dissappointment if you pursue marriage with a witness . I was married to one for 19 years , and I was never good enough or accomplished enough in the witnesses to make her happy. Finally I just said, screw it , wasn't worth wasting my life over. So, you sound like an intelligent person , take your freedom of choice and use it wisely ! I think from all the feedback- you know what to do ! Peace out, good luck to you ! Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit