The New Annointed

by joelbear69 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joelbear69
    joelbear69

My parents have been witnesses for almost 65 years and have
    been totally faithful all that time. They have many friends their
    age that are still alive or have just recently passed away.

I would bet that there are thousands of witneses like them
    around the world.

My question is:

If there were annointed who were dropping out, wouldnt it
    make sense that these other older faithful witnesses would
    be the ones that would take their place rather than this
    new group of annointed that are my age, in their 40's and
    50s and even younger?

Simply doesn't make sense.

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote:
    "make sense"

The term "make sense", never works for me in any context involving Jehovah's Witnesses. To me, nothing they do or say makes sense. Old Witnesses are nothing more than old fools.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Simply doesn't make sense.

You are right, so it must not be "the truth."

The mind-control cult convinced your parents and
    millions of others when they joined (or grew up in it) that
    they were "other sheep." They aren't going to suddenly
    get "a feeling" that they are anointed, because there is
    no such feeling from Jehovah.

New ones that weren't so thoroughly convinced that they
    were "other sheep" might more easily think they are
    anointed. While only WTS knows where the majority of
    partakers are coming from, speculation is that it is from
    newer frontiers where the converts are coming out of
    other religions. They already had a feeling that they were
    going to Heaven, so they still think so when they become
    JW's.

There are some older ones who get that feeling, though.
    Ray Franz wrote of those that privately partook because they
    disagreed with the WT on who is anointed, so there must be
    some out there who agree with WT, but still get that "special"
    feeling of closeness with God.

• White Dove
    White Dove
    I used to think that I was of the annointed when I was a teenager. I loved the idea of being a spirit that could go anywhere, fly, and hover. Now I hope I turn into a ghost when I die although I believe in reincarnation a bit.
  • Satanus
  • Robdar
    Robdar

No, the wt teachings do not make sense. But neither do the beliefs of other organized religions. Imo, It's all crazy.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the new thought is that these are not necessarily "replacement" anointed that are appearing on the scene. In 1925 about 3/4 of the WTS membership left (Bible Students) who formed their own groups. Of course, they still considered themselves true anointed. Then there is the question as to how many Christians there were in the first century. Historically, it is hard to count based on the historians today. I personally hope many more jws start partaking. The WTS also says there have to be some anointed on earth when the end comes (missing the wedding in heaven to Christ) so it allows the timeframe to extend out even farther if a 25 year old starts partaking, pushing the end out another 70 years at least. Then if 30 years from now a 25 year old starts partaking..........

I have been talking with Bible STudents lately, and while some of their teachings echo the WTS, it is much different since they all have the hope of going to heaven.

Blondie

• bobld
    bobld

Just a thought could a person come up with a total number of 144k since 1879 or 1914.Wbts yearbooks how many parttook in 1879/1914 then extrapolate death to survivors and come up with a number.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Who is anointed ?

Those who think enough of themselves and have the guts to actually take the emblems. It must take a self important person to believe that they have been selected above their brothers.

The ones that I knew who started taking them were just such ones . The humble brothers were content to think of themselves the same as all the others.

• yknot
    yknot

Ummm because the GB changed the generations to suit their need. They need younger people to obey Bro Ted. Older ones would require more medical upkeep, which cost money, which is needed to expand the farm and pay the settlements.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit