Ephesians 4:1-3

by YoYoMama 13 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hi Yoyo:
    I was "in", but have been called to go "out" from the midst of her.
    In all humility and love, may I ask, how do you square that?

LT

• mommy
    mommy

YoyoMama.
    It is funny you should mention the unity between the organization. I recently called the Brooklyn bethel branch about a letter written by the UK branch to a local paper. I was told that the Bethel branch has nothing to do with that. My question is why not?

I was raised that this was a worldwide brotherhood. The main reason JW's feel so unique is that they are the only religion on earth that does not allow beliefs to sway, from country to country.

If you don't believe call them yourselves. And while you have them on the phone, why don't you ask them if the stand on neutrality is dependent on the country that a JW lives in. Then ask them the policies they had in place for Mexico and Malawi.

I am sure you will be as shocked as I was to find out the "unity" is really not as united, or worldwide as you think
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• CatholicGuy
    CatholicGuy
    Catholics are more works oriented and Protestants recognize works as evidence of faith but not grace.
    Eph. 2.8,9

Actually, this is a common misconception of Catholic belief. Protestants often refer to the Catholic concept of "merit." In reality, Catholics and Protestants approach the faith/works controversy from different angles but in the final analysis are saying the same thing. See this link from the Catechism (sections 2006-2011):

http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p3s1c3a2.htm#III

In Catholic theology all "merit" (any reward owed us for our actions)is all a gift of God. St Augustine said: "Our merits are God's gifts." St Therese of Lisieux said:

"After earth's exile, I hope to go and enjoy you in the fatherland, but I do not want to lay up merits for heaven. I want to work for your love alone....In the evening of this life, I shall appear before you with empty hands, for I do not ask you, Lord, to count my works. All our justice [righteousness] is blemished in your eyes. I wish then, to be clothed in your own justice [righteousness] and to receive from your love the eternal possession of yourself."

• ballistic
    ballistic

How's this for unity...

One brother who is a ministerial servant proclaims regularly "do you realise we are united in so many ways, for instance, on a Sunday the whole world wide brotherhood all study the very same Watchtower article!"
    The same brother hates blacks and other foreigners stating "as long as they work and don't sit on they're black bums sucking away at our taxes, I don't mind."
    This man is the step-dad witness I grew up with who is also a violent person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit