Ephesians 4:1-3

by YoYoMama 13 Replies latest jw friends

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

*** Rbi8 Ephesians 4:1-3 ***
    4 I, therefore, the prisoner in [the] Lord, entreat YOU to walk worthily of the calling with which YOU were called, 2 with complete lowliness of mind and mildness, with long-suffering, putting up with one another in love, 3 earnestly endeavoring to observe the oneness of the spirit in the uniting bond of peace.

Jehovah’s Witnesses are a united people. United in worship, beliefs, and common goal to preach the good news to people.

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

United by way of throwing out any
    who disagree.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

This is better than any Watchtower explanation of Ephesians.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05485a.htm

• Escargot
    Escargot

Here is some new light for ya:

"When foretelling the comming of false Messiahs, Christ spoke also of men who would come, saying, "The time is very near now," and Christ counseled,, "Never follow men like that."
    Luke 21:8,PME"

Sounds like JWs? What are you going to do Mama?

Erasmus (1520 AD): "If we want truth, every person ought to be free to speak what they think without fear."

• CatholicGuy
    CatholicGuy

Don't stop with verse 3. The next verse says:

"One body there is, and one spirit, even as you were called in the one hope to which you were called;"

There is only "one hope" for Christians--to be with Christ. (BTW, Christians are not saved by works but by God's grace.)

CatholicGuy

A couple of favorite webpages:

http://www.webshowplace.com/question/home.htm

• Satanus
    Satanus

She dropped a bomb along the way
    When apostees came out to play
    Yoyomama runned away

• kes152
    kes152

Hi YoYoMama,

It says walk worthily of your calling...... have you been 'anointed' and thus "called?"

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Hi YoYo,
    Don't you realize that the N.T. does not apply to you, except in the crumbs that are tossed your way by your masters in Brooklyn? You simply refuse to accept the fact that divergence from others in the gray areas of the Bible has always been the norm. Salvation is based on following Christ, recognizing His deity and that His work on the cross provides such. Catholics are more works oriented and Protestants recognize works as evidence of faith but not grace.
    Eph. 2.8,9
    Try actually reading the whole context, which may take the whole book or several related verses to discern. While your at it, get a real Bible instead of the NWT.
    Rex

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

YOYO,

What about Ephesians 4:4

Doesn't it mention only ONE HOPE, where do the JW's get TWO HOPES.

Eph.4:4,5:
    4 One body there is, and one spirit, even as YOU were called in the one hope to which YOU were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all [persons], who is over all and through all and in all.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • Quester
    Quester

YoYo,

The jw "unity" is not unity at all.
    It is really about "uniformity" and "conformity."

When a person's conscience disagrees with
    watchtower doctrine--a person must go against
    their conscience and obey watchtower doctrine
    or be disfellowshipped--totally shunned by
    all family and friends who are jw's.

This is what I have a problem with.
    I don't think that is a Bible teaching.