Watchtower says JW's can reach different conclusions & it's fine!!!

by Must obey! 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Room 215
    Room 215

I could never understand why the WTBTS insists that JWs should pander to the lowest common denominator; i.e, by having the ``stumbler" cave in to the hypercritical ``stumblee" who finds his/her faith in peril becuase he/she saw brother so-and-so painting a church door or swimming in a YMCA pool. Why don't they focus on exhorting the hypercrtical nit-pickers to mind their businesses and practice some tolerance when it comes to inconsequential matters having nothing to do with God and Christ?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

A very spiritual family member of mine had their kid swimming in the YMCA pool.

I did not mention the illegality of such. I usually keep the double standards to myself. I have no balls to face these

same people who on many occasions have made many comments of the shows on my TV screen.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I don't think anyone has brought up what I think the real hidden command in this article is. Without putting it in writing - the WTS has managed to put an absolute BAN on going to wedding or funerals for anyone who does NOT have an unbelieving mate!

From the tone of the article - the only person who would even CONSIDER it is someone being pressured by an unbelieving mate. Since 90% of witnesses are not in this situation, the message to them was that these activities would not even be considered, they're just wrong!

I've been to "wordlly" family weddings and funerals that my parents and in-laws refused to go to because they were in churches. I was so embarrased to call myself a JW and did what I could to prove to these people that we weren't ALL fanatics. This was a HORRIBLE "witness" since their conspicuous absence confirmed to the others in attendance that theses people were fanatics. I suppose this is what the WTS is shooting for - breaking up families, and isolating the "faithfull ones".

• worf
    worf

To Bigmouth,

"The society is starting to give the outward appearance of being less strict so as to avoid future litigation".

BINGO!

Thank you for your insight. Absolutely correct!

Worf

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Good post.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Good post, Must Obey!

Going along with your point, why not apply these principles to the Revelation Climax book, currently being studied in the congregations?

Right at the beginning of the book it says:

*** re chap. 2 p. 9 The Grand Theme of the Bible ***

It is not claimed that the explanations in this publication are infallible. Like Joseph of old, we say: “Do not interpretations belong to God?” (Genesis 40:8)

Here they admit that their interpretation is not necessarily the right one. So why not be consistent with their statements in this recent article and allow for differences of opinion? If the conclusions are not definitive, why mandate their acceptance?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

bttt to remind me - this is a great quote

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

The idea of the "conscience of others" rule has only pushed certain behaviors more underground.

The WTS version of "Don't Ask/Don't Tell"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit