29-Nov-07 12:15 Shawn10538 said "Go home Mormon"

by SusanHere 15 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

You are welcome as long as you follow the guidelines, which you have. It is good to get several perspectives.

Love, Blondie

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Most of us here are and I know in my case my intention is to vigourously challenge religious beliefs.

And challenge is a good thing. Telling you to go home simply because you embrace LDS isn't so nice.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Susan,
    As others have said, as a person follows the forum guidelines they are welcome here. People shouldn't be telling others to "go home".

There have been members of this board that share their experince of being ex-mormon, drawing similarities from the JW experience. There are other mormons who come on here and say this is not the case. I for one think that this board is it's most powerful when there is open discussion.

Many of us on this forum are used to open examination and the questioning of "self proclaimed authorities". The nature of this forum will make discussions and debates about groups like the LDS much more intense than you may find elsewhere. So I would hope that you understand that choosing to be in a forum like this and opening up about your religious beliefs wil inevitably bring upon some feisty debates. But nobody should be telling you to 'go home' just because they disagree.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I was under the impression, that we were not supposed to post PMs?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

The original on board 'greeting' from Shawn to SusanHere, for the benefit of those who missed it:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/147676/2675881/post.ashx#2675881

Susan, you're welcome here in spite of that one poster - check through some of his other posts and you might get an idea what he's like - and then you'll be able to laugh off the insults he throws at you. I'm sure every forum has at least one of these posters!

Also, if you get more offensive PM's, don't put them on the board - you need to report them to a mod in a PM and they'll sort it out for you

• jgnat
    jgnat

Susan, in the future if you receive offensive PM's, notify a moderator, by PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit