Why does my cat drool saliva when he purrs?

by Fisherman 18 Replies latest jw friends

• voltaire
    voltaire

Same thing happens to me when I purr.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I do not mean to frighten you, but I must tell you, my cat's drooling while purring was one of the first signs of her cancer. I wish I had known that at the time.

Have her ears, nose, and throat checked out by a cat veterinarian. I wish I had known this too: Do not go to a vet that offers care to multi animals. Go to a clinic that only cares for cats.

Robyn

• knock knock
    knock knock

I've had one cat that drooled. He drooled all the time. He'd sit on a table and drool till the drool touched the ground. I have the video somewhere to prove it. He lived to be about 12 or 13. He ate plenty of natural meat that he himself caught - but did not properly bleed. It's not often you'll run into a cat named Slobbers but I had one and he lived up to the name.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I've had many cats over the years. None have drooled except one and he was ill and died. I have had some neurotic cats that seemed to require constant attention . FYI be careful with those flea medicines-they can be neuro- toxic. excessive drooling can have to do with a neurological condition.

• flipper
    flipper

Mrs Flipper and my cats drool when we pet them, and are happy too. Also ours knead on our laps with their paws too. I think it is something they do with their paws to get their mothers milk when they are young ! So, it's just an indicator they are happy ! You are lucky- you have a happy cat ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Cellist
    Cellist

I've been told that it's common amongst cats that were weaned too young. Their brains still connect being comforted with nursing. I suppose that brain connection of "being comforted by mother" could explain why it crops up in sick cats also. I've seen humans revert back to thumb sucking and teddy bears when they were sick or stressed too.

Cellist

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

What is there not to like about a foaming pussy?

• Gregor
    Gregor

Elsewhere! Go to your room!

• Gregor
    Gregor

We have two chihuahuas. One wants to lick you constantly. It is annoying sometimes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit