Why does my cat drool saliva when he purrs?

by Fisherman 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I have a cat that cannot stop purring when he is with me, When I carry him or put him on my lap he drools saliva all over me. He cannot stay still on my lap. He moves all the time and demands to be petted all of the time again and again.

This is the only cat that I have ever owned.

Are all cats like this?

Why does this cat drool when he purrs?

• carla
    carla

Not all cats drool. I had one cat do that only when he was really happy! My friend has drooler though, drools all the time. You'd think it was a dog!

• Gerard
    Gerard

I've seen many cats, and only one drooled while purring.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

like this?

alt

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Some cats drool when their happy..I`ve had 2 like that..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• BrentR
    BrentR

Both of our cats do that also. Come to think of it my wife does too but that's a story for another time (maybe even forum).

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I've got six cats and only one dribbles when he purrs. But he's got to be really happy. He combines this with pumping his paws up and down on the bedspread/ jumper/crutch.

These two behaviours are really common.

Might have rabies though. (just kidding. )

• avengers
    avengers

I have 2 cats and neither one of them drools while purring. This is the first time I hear about this.

I love cats. I love dogs too, but at this moment I have two cats and they are the greatest people in the world.

I hate the WT for always having told us you shouldn't have cats. The WT is only concerned about money, so they take

our joys away, no cats, no dogs. I love my demonic cats. FY WT.

Andy

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Our kitty drools on us, and also tends to have a runny nose like a three year old child. The vet says he's fine, just very "moist".

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

the reason it drools so much is because it is not getting enough raw, natural type meat to eat. Your cat has weak gums and eating nothing but slops like jellymeat or highly processed crap like biscuits are making his gums even worse, hence the chronic drooling. Start feeding your a bit of top quality raw mince, fish, or some other raw, natural form of food on a regular basis and this will start to go away. Your cat will also be more content and less 'neurotic' once given more natural forms of food regularly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit