What JW Beliefs Did You...

by Abandoned 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

I also always wanted to believe that JW's weren't going to be the only ones saved... It seemed strange that only roughly a couple of million people would be saved versus billions...

(woo-hoo first post!)

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

WOW! What a bunch of great responses. Thanks everyone. I can relate to so many of the points you bring up. Another one that always bothered me was similar to the one mentioned about God not wanting us to suffer. We were always told that we had to go through trials so that God would know that he loved us. Then we were told that he could read our hearts and knew whether we were on his side or not. So, which was it? Did he need to test our faithfulness, or did he know it already?

Welcome to the forums civicsi00

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

When I was young I swallowed everything as it was written, Hey, they were the Gov. Body after all!...

Later on, perhaps after 1975, and was then an elder and had seen a few things, I reasoned that they were still "Spirit Directed" but :

1) I had an open mind about who would die at Armageddon..I figured that we were told the worst so as to keep us safely within the fold, but that God could chose what he wanted to do and would save a lot more than the WT predicted (A lot of dubs that I know still reason like that)

2) I realised that the animals could not all become vegetarian without a totally new creation. I decided it was figurative but they would not be a danger to people in the nice New World.

3) I never agreed that it was harmful or a sin to enjoy heavy rock music

I had a little maxim that I used to tell myself " If it is in the Bible it is gospel truth. If it is in the WT it is almost certainly true. If a brother tells you something, it is no more than 50/50 to be true"

• grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95
    grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95

i believed that when armagedon came we all had to get to the kingdom hall as soon as possible; otherwise our salvation was even more uncertain......i was also told and believed that during armagedon we would have "protective bubbles" around us watching the unfaithful ones die around us in the hall......"oh my gosh there goes brother McDonald he must have been commiting fornication"

i also believed that in the "new world" we could jump off cliffs get squashed but not killed....slowley rejuvinate and be back together in a matter of hours................

i was always fearful that there would be no sex i the new world because i was told as soon as the world was populated that Jehovah would let "nature change our parts and make them void" .......i like my penis

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

1914 seemed real ignorant. No marriage for the resurected and most importantly, the book of Revelation having a connection to a small christian sect in 1919.

Pure Garbage

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit