What JW Beliefs Did You...

by Abandoned 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

What JW beliefs did you make up for your own sanity?

For me it was regarding the flood. Instead of believing that God had destroyed millions of people, I imagined that because of all the violence, by the time the flood came, the only people besides Noah and his family that were still alive were the Nephilim. That way, God was only destroying people that were through and through evil rather than an entire civilization.

So, what beliefs did you make up or modify to keep sane?

• changeling
    changeling

I refused to believe the animals would stop eating each other and thus break the food chain. I chose instead to believe that humans would have the animals "in subjection" so they would not be a threat to them, but animals would continue in their natural state.

changeling

• caesarmoridon
    caesarmoridon

I will start of by stating I am not a Jehovah Witness, but since I do believe in The Flood, I though I might choose to reply. I believe that it can be more merciful to die, than to continue to live in sin. Meaning, if you die before committing murder lets say, you are better off than if you had actually committed that murder. That is how I rationalize The Flood at least.

• avishai
    avishai

I always thought that the whole resurrected not being able to marry, etc. was a load of crap.

I also wondered if we were made to be perfect, why is so much of our body devoted to immune system.

• Robert7
    Robert7

Sadly, It was that this was "The Truth" and the Governing Body was truly spirit directed. With this blind faith, I just accepted many things even though I didn't agree. This included the 1914 doctrine and the teaching around the WWII fabrications of spiritual darkness and the preaching work coming to a halt. This blind faith of "The Truth" made me accept many things that I didn't believe.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

there is only one belief that made me sane...............

personally i figured that all the questions i had........ would be answered in those new scrolls we were supposed to get opened in the new system. so cause of that i didnt sweat the small stuff that shoulda been chiping away at my armor. i figured........... well hell...... in the new system we will find out if we are gonna get to drive cars or ride horses.................. not something to worry about now.

kinda like a laid back ........ "lets wait on jehovah" cause i didnt let it ruffle my feathers

• choosing life
    choosing life

I could never bring myself to believe in Armegeddon. A God of love couldn't be a vengeful, destructive God at the same time. I have a lot of "worldly family" and I knew they didn't deserve eternal destruction. I felt the jws would change their view on this like they have changed so many things.

After a while, I couldn't stand to be around all the hatred for other humans. It is such a relief now to just live and let live.

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

I also never believed that the resurrected couldn't marry. I also never believed that oral sex was wrong. And I secretly believed that Jehovah would allow many more people to pass through Armageddon into the new system than just JW's.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    Meaning, if you die before committing murder lets say, you are better off than if you had actually committed that murder. That is how I rationalize The Flood at least.

Following that line of reasoning - it would be mercifull to kill all babies now before they can commit any sins.

Personally I believed that the big J would give loads of people a wink and let them into the new system even thought they didn't technially qualify.

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

I always personally believed that even if Armegeddon did come,and all the "wicked" were destroyed,they'd just be resurrected along with everybody else who died. Reason being,they would have died for their sins,therefore they would have a clean slate to start from. I often used to ask various ones in there.."would if Hitler got resurrected in "The New System"...would that stumble you? or would you be able to accept J's decision to do so without questioning it?"

And as far as destruction at Armegeddon was concerned,I also kinda believed that it wouldn't be a selective thing like Dubs think it will be....if it did happen,then EVERYBODY would go down for the wrong they've done..."and thus death spread to all men,for they had all sinned"..then EVERYBODY would get a resurrection,and that nice perfect body they always brag about getting,could be made from scratch...along with everyone else's...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit