is there a "disfellowshipped list"?

by ruined 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• ruined
    ruined

i stopped going to KH when i was in my early 20's. i'm now in my mid 40's. i've done many of the things for which a person should be DF'd over the many years since but i don't know whether i am DF'd. is there some way to find out without drawing attention to it? some members of my family still speak to me and associate with me but others don't. the ones who don't haven't said that they don't associate with me due to me being DF'd but maybe they know something that i and my other family members don't know???

the reason i don't want to draw attention to it is because if i'm NOT currently DF'd i would like to remain that way because i know that if i am formally DF'd, i would lose the relationship with those family members who still do speak to me.

thanks...

• Bryan
    Bryan

Why worry if you are or not? It's been so long ago and your family is still speaking to you... what's the concern?

Bryan

• ruined
    ruined

i guess if i'm not DF'd, i'd like for those family members who DON'T currently speak to me to know that i'm not DF'd because i'm thinking that they think i am DF'd. and perhaps i am but i'd like to know for sure.

so do you think there is a list or some way i could find out without drawing attention to it?

thanks.

• onacruse
    onacruse

When I was at Bethel (~1970), on the janitorial crew, one of my jobs was to buff the floors in the Service Department.

In the course of my midnight labors there, I noticed a file cabinet there which had a label "Disfellowshipped." It was an alphabetical card file, with everyone's name, location, and reason for df'ing listed. I sneaked a look or two.

• minimus
    minimus

Ruined, I think you think too much. If you're worried that someone who doesn't talk to you might think you're disfellowshipped but your family for the most part talks to you, who cares?? If those that do associate with you treat you well, it could be that A---you're not df'd, B----you are df'd but they don't care or C----or that the talking part of your family and the non talking have different views of you.

I know JWs that won't talk to other JWs because they "act worldly". They aren't df'd, either.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I doubt you are DF'd. I can tell you there is no way to find out without making anyone suspicious...

And yes, every single MF'ing DF'ing is filed at Patterson NY.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

However, it would make for an interesting time to write en masse to the Borg and request to know whether each one is df'd or not and for what reason? Do you suppose they would divulge?

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Vanilla Mocha, I think they are afraid of more and more lawsuits. "their" grounds would be furtile ground for many, many lawsuits.

• freydi
    freydi

Makes me wonder what would happen if one walked into meeting and said they da'd some time ago but decided to start associating again.

• Marjorie
    Marjorie
    Makes me wonder what would happen if one walked into meeting and said they da'd some time ago but decided to start associating again.

I believe that the elders would make that person jump through the same hoops that they make a DF'ed person go through, since the Society sees both actions as the same evil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit